Easier Way To Know Usernames

Can there be a place in a user's info for usernames. Because in the gangs and the trading stalls, people are sending items and money all the time in those two categories. So instead of people asking what is another person what's their username they could go on their info page and look for it.

So what do you think?

Can there be a place in a user's info for usernames. Because in the gangs and the trading stalls, people are sending items and money all the time in those two categories. So instead of people asking what is another person what's their username they could go on their info page and look for it.

So what do you think?

You know, people don't have to ask what their username is, they can just click on that link leading to their inventory, then they'll see the username.

Edited by Rashon125

Ah yes, when viewing a member's inventory it says their username - that's actually a bug as it should say their display name - I've added this to the bug list for IBStore over at invisionize.com so it should be fixed in the next release.

As for knowing a member's real username, this is currently only shown to admin and mods, just above a user's avatar. I've actually suggested that when sending items/money you type in their display name rather than username, which will mean you won't need to know it. At the moment I don't really want to fix it myself as there isn't a vast amount of people using it all the time, just a few when you think about it.

But thanks anyway for raising a good point and accidently finding a bug :P

We use display names on top of usernames not just because usernames cannot be changed easily, but usernames are half of what is required to log into someone elses account - if you can't find their username then you can't login. Of course this isnt as secret as your password, and it could probably be found out without too much trouble, but its just an extra layer of security for each individual user.

Still, there's nothing wrong with giving your username out or putting in your sig though. Would be best to change the store to use display names though.