Four Years of The GTA Place

Chris

Today marks the fourth anniversary of The GTA Place, a website which has grown into one of the largest resources on the Internet for Grand Theft Auto information, and one which started as just a few basic pages to try out some HTML. Obviously we've come a long way in 4 years, the whole community has witnessed an immense rise in popularity, as has The GTA Place, currently serving thousands of visitors every single day with information, downloads and media. I won't go on about the history of the site, as you can read all about that for yourselves on the website history page.

In keeping this post short and sweet, I have to thank the visitors for making this site such a success. All the new members joining the community everyday, all the people downloading mods, enhancing their games, and all the people just looking for information and tips - keeping us going all this time.

Obviously GTA IV is now our main focus, and you can find all latest news and information here on thegtaplace.com, and can find answers to all the questions you have about GTAIV on our forums, where you can also post your wishlists and thoughts on the upcoming game.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more updates on Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, and other related news!

See the site history page I linked to in the news post, there are links within that page to archive.org, which sort of show what it looked like before. Some images are missing or have been overwritten with new ones since the archive though - meaning it may look a little weird.

Well, here's some links anyway:

June 14th, 2003

July 1st, 2003

August 3rd, 2003

October 8th, 2003 - loads of images missing here. phpnuke was used.

May 24th, 2004

And that's the most recent page archive.org has for us, nothing from 2005 which has our previous layout which was made by Dennis.

Well congrats guys. This is probably the best mainly gta based forums on the internet imo. The people here are friendly and do not bitch or flame unprovoked. Unlike forums like gtaforums.com or gtastunting. Here you try to help and accept people who are still new to this whole concept (n00bs as some of you like to call them.) The staff look after this place extremely profeesionally but always like to have a laugh. The news section is always kept up to date and I appreciate that because of how hard it must be to gather news and get it up on the home page in such short notice. I hope this community continues to live for 4 more years and many after that. I would also like to say congrats to Chris, you planted a seed and watched it blossom.

Edited by Ghost

Wow 4 years. Even though I've been here only a couple months this is the best GTA site I've ever seen. I joined because of GTA but now I have met many new people and have made lots of frieds. Good job Chris like Ghost said: you planted a seed and watched it blossom. I hope to stay here for a long time. Well done again Chris!

See the site history page I linked to in the news post, there are links within that page to archive.org, which sort of show what it looked like before. Some images are missing or have been overwritten with new ones since the archive though - meaning it may look a little weird.

Well, here's some links anyway:

June 14th, 2003

July 1st, 2003

August 3rd, 2003

October 8th, 2003 - loads of images missing here. phpnuke was used.

May 24th, 2004

And that's the most recent page archive.org has for us, nothing from 2005 which has our previous layout which was made by Dennis.

Yeah, I deffinetly like this days banner and layout. But ya, congrats The GTA Place!! 4 Years is a long time but deffinetly seems not that lon.g Only joined a couple months ago but this is one of the best if not the best GTA related site on the internet. I look forward to staying for a very long time. Once again congrats...

Don't you mean like 1 and a half? But I agree I am gonna stay for many years to come as well. How long do you plan on running this site for Chris? As long as you can?

That isn't his original username. As in, he got banned before that. Long story. But it's pretty cool knowin' I've been here for 3 of those 4 years. Time absolutely flies.

How long do you plan on running this site for Chris? As long as you can?

Yeah pretty much. Thinking about it realistically, I can safely say it will be open for another 3 years - it's currently Nov 06, so, GTA4 released in Oct 07, possibly PC release in spring 08... then the aftermath of that brings us probably to 2009 where depending on the state of the community, traffic will either start dropping or keep up if many people make mods and such. Of course if R* keep creating GTA games then we'll keep on going.

I've always planned on keeping the site up as an archive though, I won't ever close it down.

My old accounts.

VincentValentino

KingOfKrunk

I usually don't like to talk about the past :unsure:

But uh yeah long story.

Now lets get back on topic and shower Chris and thegtaplace with love and money. o.o

O.O Oh shit, that was you? I entirely forgot you were Vincent....

Ha. I think we always used to pwn Dave. Good times. I probably still have some old PM's from him too :P

Anyway thanks for your comments everyone. Thank you for your appreciation :)