Official Xbox Discussion

Chris

tgtapxbxlive_copyzwj.png

Welcome to the official Xbox Live Topic. This topic basically serves to inform you about Xbox Live and allow you to contact fellow GTA Place members through it.

What is Xbox Live?

Xbox Live is an online gaming service for the Xbox/Xbox 360 video game console created and maintained by Microsoft. It has features such as Friends lists, game matchmaking, and video chat, and costs approximately $49.99 USD per year, or £40 in England.

How do I get an account?

To create an Xbox Live account, you need to make an Microsoft/Windows Live Passport. This can be done by going to any website that uses this feature, such as live.xbox.com, clicking the Sign-In button, and clicking Sign-Up. Once you have a Passport, you can create an Xbox Live account.

You should then use the same method on Xbox.com and again click Register now. Choose your gamertag, gamerpic, and motto. These can all be changed later at any time, but changing your gamertag will cost you a fee. You will then link your gamertag to the Live Passport you just created. After that, choose whether you want an Xbox Live Gold (paid) or Silver (free) membership. I recommend getting Silver for now, as it can be upgraded at any time. Finally choose your preferences and favorites and you have your account.

Xbox Live Gold

Xbox Live Gold is the meat and potatoes of the service, and I highly recommend it, as you need it to play any game on Xbox Live against other people. The price, as mentioned above, can be paid in monthly, quarterly, and yearly installments. The monthly installments are approximately $7.99 USD per month, which is about $45 more than the yearly subscription.

A credit card is not required for this. You can simply go to a retailer, such as Best Buy, and then enter the code on the card in your account on Xbox.com.

Gamertags:

Member Gamertag
Andrew91 TFFfan
Busby Busby9
Chris ChrisJP88
chris82 Chris82TheKid
Dave Scope PL
HCK George HCK George
GTA Ninja Jason932
Timmy Vermicceli DBA1
Vicehog XvSTALLIONvX

Original post by Chris:

Since I'm getting an Xbox 360 next week, I was wondering what everyone's gamertag's are here. So we can all add each other and "pwn" each other in games we all have.

Mine is: ChrisJP88

Add me!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines Chris82TheKid, I'll add you through Xbox.com, Chris.

Pinned. I'd like to see TGTAP members interacting outside of the forums. :yup:

BTW I only have Xbox Live silver right now, I still technically have slikdude12592 but I cancelled the renewal. It was a stupid long name for people to remember and I'd rather use my debit card to pay for it than ask my Mom every year for her card number.

Oh and Saint's Row is a GTA clone with eye candy and no gameplay. Seriously lame. The taxi/paramedic/etc...missions are required to continue the storyline, and there's no aircraft whatsoever.

Mines Chris82TheKid, I'll add you through Xbox.com, Chris.

Pinned. I'd like to see TGTAP members interacting outside of the forums. :yup:

BTW I only have Xbox Live silver right now, I still technically have slikdude12592 but I cancelled the renewal. It was a stupid long name for people to remember and I'd rather use my debit card to pay for it than ask my Mom every year for her card number.

Oh and Saint's Row is a GTA clone with eye candy and no gameplay. Seriously lame. The taxi/paramedic/etc...missions are required to continue the storyline, and there's no aircraft whatsoever.

I heard the online was really buggy, is that true?

No. There are some downsides such as losers quitting just before the game ends, but that really isn't common anymore since we can give them negative feedback and it will be shown publicly. (x out of 5 star rating system for each player)

Overall I like it and if you have the means, I highly recommend picking a 360 up. It is so choice.

BTW Crimson accept my friends request.

No. There are some downsides such as losers quitting just before the game ends, but that really isn't common anymore since we can give them negative feedback and it will be shown publicly. (x out of 5 star rating system for each player)

Overall I like it and if you have the means, I highly recommend picking a 360 up. It is so choice.

BTW Crimson accept my friends request.

Ill accept it in a few,i'm killing some nazis :innocent:

I ordered my Xbox 360 with Call of Duty 3 earlier this evening, so hopefully it'll get sent tomorrow, and arrive on thursday, or Friday maybe. Also bought Gears of War and PGR3.

Thing is I won't be able to play it over the weekend as I won't be at home, which sort of sucks, anyway at least I'll be able to pwn you all soon.

Like I said many times before, I have to buy a new 360. (I'm suspecting that those Dead Rising rumors are true.) But after I get a new one and broadband, I will either be pwning or be pwn3d on a regular basis.

BTW, tvg. You only pay 5 bucks a month or 50 bucks a year. It is a pretty sweet deal.

Edited by TEC 9