Official Xbox Discussion

Chris

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wow I haven't been on my 360 for over 2 weeks now. Just signed in so I could download the new Crackdown demo, seems there's also a dashboard update.

Anyone downloaded Crackdown yet? I hope it's worth it, 1.24GB just for a demo, on my slow ass 1mb connection. It's going to take 3hours+ and that's if it goes at max speed.

Oh I accepted your friend request Timmy Vermicelli... if anyone else from here adds me then let me know who you are on the forums ;)

I don't have an Xbox 360 (yet). But like said a thousand times I'm going to get it a few months befor GTA IV. Is Xbox live a real must for it? And what are the fees to be aloud to use it?

Just asking this cause I'm already planing how I'm going to spend all my money this year cause I'm going to be buying a lot so I'd have to plan everything first.

Xbox Live is a real must to be honest. It enables you to most importantly play online with other people, you can also download game demos, arcade games, trailers, and loads of other customisable stuff like gamer pictures and dashboard themes etc.

The fees vary from country to country, and the longer period you purchase for the cheaper it works out. You can buy 1 month, 3 months, or 1 year subscriptions. You can buy as many as you like at once as it all accumulates. So if you bought 3 1-year subscriptions today and added them all to your account, you'd have prepaid for Xbox Live for 3 years which is cool. Check out Xbox.com for your country to see what the fees are.

You can buy online directly, or you can purchase in stores prepaid cards, these are cheaper than buying directly online. The same goes for buying Microsoft Points (used to download addon content for games, gamer pictures and themes etc. Demos and that are free though, but a lot of other things you need points to download).

In the UK a 1-year subscription to Xbox Live costs £39.99 - or £34.99 if you buy a prepaid card.

• 1 month later...

Just updated the first post with a table of our gamertags. I seriously don't believe there are only 4 of us on Xbox Live. It's ridiculous. I know there are more of us than that. If I've missed you or you want your gamertag added then post it here. When GTA IV is released we'll have a massive topic in the GTA4 forum as an index to find all our gamertags and stuff.

1. Not sure what the cost is in Romania, but a core system will set you back approximately €300 while a premium system is about €400 - premium is definitely recommended due to the 20gb hard drive it has, and the wireless controllers and all the other stuff it comes with.

2. Well the Xbox 360 only has a DVD drive (the HD DVD addon isn't for games), so the biggest amount of data it can hold is that available on a dual layer DVD, i.e. around 8.5GB

Remember that the Xbox 360 has downloadable content for some games (this is another reason why the premium version is recommended so you have enough space for it all) so it is possible the game will be larger than that.

3. Well you can't really get an equivalent computer. They serve different purposes, but you could spec a few to make it similar to the 360, it would be a hell of a lot more expensive though.

Thanks.In Romania a PS3 is about 1999RON(600$),PS 2 about 500RON (200$),PSP 750 RON (300$) and an XBOX 360 about 1500 RON (500$).

1$=2.5+RON.

RON=Leu Nou (New Leon).

Ok,Chris I put thoose questions because my mind went on GTA 4 so I can see how big can be ......

XBOX360 is still a powerfull console that can compete with PS 3 but I`m sure Microsoft will release another XBOX later.

Thanks again Chris.

Another Xbox later? Yeah well, that's going to take some time you know. According to Peter Moore they're planning to release a new console in 2012, now that's a 7 year long lifetime for Xbox 360, which is more than the first Xbox had. And I think that's some great news man, now some gamers don't need to feel that pressure when buying Xbox 360 you know, it's just the beginning.

Well, I should be getting a 360 for my birthdya this year. I said get me that and you won't need to get anything else but a little bit of money to buy downloadable content. I'm trying to figure if I should get the $600 version or the Elite. If anyone could say everything about both versions that'd be great so I can compare. I should get xbl soon after I get the 360. Probably be playing GoW the most on xbl and hopefully GTA IV if they have live. What do you guys mean when what's your gamerscore??

edit: What's a good gamertag for meh or a good one in general, I have no idea what I would like.

Edited by Nate10

• 2 weeks later...