Hard times

Harwood Butcher

My computer just recently crashed, the reason why I havnt been on lately, and I lost everything. I sent my computer to this one company that claims they could get all my stuff back some how after it has already been deleted. This would make me extremely happy but it worries me at the same time because I had Limewire on my desktop before it crashed. So if they do end up getting all my stuff back I'm just hoping that they dont turn me in for that. What do you guys think?

No. LimeWire itself isn't illegal, per se. The creators claim it was created so people could share legit files and free things such as patches for games quickly without the need for a server host.

But since there aren't restrictions on what can be shared, you get illegal downloads of songs, movies, etc...

The bottom line is that they can't do shit to you for just having LimeWire on your desktop. However, if they decide to snoop around your shared folder (Which they shouldn't, their job is to fix your PC, not look through your stuff) and find stuff, they could.

I wouldn't worry about it anyway. Don't sweat it.

• 4 weeks later...