Version 3.00 info

Ciaran

Ok there have been alot of rumours going around the forums about the version 3.00 for the psp, i will tell you a few rumours/facts which might keep homebrew alive. Here are them:

Version:3.00 & 3.01

There are alot of new upgrades in the 3.00 version which might tempt you to upgrade but in less than 24 hours a new version was out 3.01, and seeing that some useres have upgraded from 3.00 to 3.01 they said that there was no difference in the two. So there could be a big hole in the version 3.00 which Sony are trying to fix by putting out this new patch. So if the hackers over at qj.net might be able of hack it and this means a whole new world of homebrew. This also means that there will be alot more videos of vcs and pictures (thats why I put this here).

Upgrading to 3.00?

Many of the major sites up there have already changed their links to the 3.01 version, so you must whatch out and make sure you dont get that verison. Some smaller sites may have the 3.00 so look around for it. And try not to take the easy option of upgrading to 3.01.

Conclusion

1. Try not to upgrade to 3.01
  2. Serch round for the 3.00 version
  3. You might get a whole lot of homebrew on the psp again

A safe downlaod link:

Here is a safe downlaod link: Safe Downlaod Link

How to upgrade

Afer you downloaded the file then go to your GAME folder. Then you must make an UPDATE folder in the GAME and place the file in that.

~Ciaran~

Edited by Ciaran

The Japanese version works anyway.

Its great how you pretend you're doing us all a favor, but its really only half the story.

They had to replace 3.00 because it was crashing some of the PS1 games, so they fixed it.

It is true though, many sites are pretending 3.00 never existed, and you only get the newest updates with 3.01. I believe many sites didnt even change what you get with it, just changed the 3.00 labels to 3.01, and changed the update files.

But yeah, I really dont think homebrew is gunna happen.

this sounds dumb,but my psp loads things a little more better now on V3.00 than when it was on other firmwares,vcs got about 8 seconds wiped off of it when i compared it to my firends 2.80 psp,also,battery life sort of lasts longer on this firmware,me and my friend were doing some vcs multiplayer and both our PSP's were on full charge,we made sure,then we looked at our psp batterys about an hour later,his was on 2 bars while mine was still on 3,once again,it sounds like it would never be possible,but there have been rumours of Jeanne D'arc (or something like that) loading incredibly fast,could it be that sony has found a way to keep the CPU on 333mhz while preserving battery life???

by the way,we keep our PSP's on max brightness with full sound (anything else isnt good enough),so in case you were gonna throw something in my face about that,think again!

Well guys I may be able to help. When I updated my PSP to 3.00 I kept the file onmy computer. Now if someone has MSN and wants to upload it to the internet they can. I will send it via MSN. Unless someone knows whats the easiest and free way of uploading.

Put it this way I will galdly hep you all out to a safe version of 3.00