Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kitsune Inferno

SUVs

38 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's a bronco II with the V6. I think it'd be better with a 5 speed (too much work for me though.) and a less restrictive airflow. Didn't they have that HUGE thing back in the early 80s on Emissions? or was that 70s?

Most SUVs nowadays aren't SUVs but all wheel drive cars ... Toyota Rav4s are a great example of "cute utes" . Front Drive and All wheel drive, 4 wheel independent suspension, car engine and unibody construction, no solid frame at all.

Truck based SUVs are good for highway use - perfect example is a Ford Excursion. They don't get the greatest mileage, but you don't need to make 10 trips to the supermarket to buy groceries becuause you can fit eveything in them. And a diesel Excursion will last 300,000 miles easily. They are built tougher and last longer.

I don't call them cute utes, auto magazines call them cute utes because they are so small.

Yes, Daimler is selling chrysler off to a liquidator. Most likely, Chrysler is going to split up - so Jeep might be sold to another company (hypothetically)

Yeah, I read in a few places a Canadian Finance group was the buyer, but has anyone heard what they plan for what cars they are gonna' build? Are they still bringing back the Challenger or just build crapwagon minivans. If they don't bring

back the Challenger, they just as well merge w/ Skoda!

Are they still a Dumbass if they are a father who owns a SUV and picks up his kids from school and goes offroading?

Obviously, minivan would be a better choice

If you think I'm serious you're a fucking idiot

Really though, not all of them are bad. Unless you use a damn Ford Expedition for a DD, or anything huge like that you don't use for work.

I would use a ford expedition for a daily driver. It would outlast small cars atleast threefold and if I got in any sort of wreck, I'd come out on top.