Elite Members

Chris

You may remember a few months ago we started a new member group here called 'Veterans'. In it were true veterans of the forum, as well as members who had contributed a lot over their time here, as well as showing a decent level of maturity.

There were a few problems with this though, mainly the factual inaccuracy in calling the group 'veterans', when clearly it contained members who weren't vets.

This group has now been renamed and revamped, and will now be known across the forums as the Elite Members.

The elite members group contains hand-picked members, including true veterans of the forum. The veterans are members who I either knew before these forums were started, or those who joined within the first few weeks of our existence (the only active vet left now is Spaz).

Other members making up the elite are chosen because:

• They show a decent level of maturity around the forums
  • They contribute a lot (this doesn't mean just having a high post count, but making sure many of their posts are useful, funny and/or informative
  • They have been here for at least a year

Rhe elite members group also contains all the staff (including forum moderators, super mods, and admins), and they get similar or sometimes slightly better privileges depending on their position. You can sort the members list to see who is in the group - bear in mind the staff aren't actually shown in this group listing.

So what sort of privileges do the elite members get I hear you ask. Well, they get:

• Increased PM Storage
  • Increased post attachment storage
  • Ability to delete their own topics/posts
  • Ability to remove the 'Edited by' line when editing a post
  • Ability to avoid flood control on searching and posting
  • Can change display name twice per month instead of just once
  • Access to the Elite Members forum - which contains a more mature level of discussion and topics of a more sensitive nature (stuff that'll burn your eyes) ;)

That's about it! I'd finally like to congratulate all the members who have earned the elite member status, and hope that everyone who wasn't chosen, or is currently ineligible, will aspire to be in this privileged and respected group. The elite members are the next step up to becoming staff, and it is likely that new forum moderators will be chosen from this group, you may well be seeing some new mods very soon.

ELITE MEMBER HISTORY

ADDITIONS MADE: November 2006 (initial group)

888ball

aemboy15

Airashii

Akuma

biggamer132

Bryzed

Cam.

Chris

Chrisman

crazychicken17

Dennis

Genocide

Gerard

insane_pyro28

Joyrider

mvi

nick_kang

Oscar

person123

Precision

Ryan Calvano

Shifty

Slavik Von Stockholm

smallpancake

smartboy4

Spaz The Great

Steven

Tom

April 2007

Bear

Jace

• Like 1

Adding to what was just said,

Elites,do not abuse your new power to delete and close your own topics,post,ect, if you abuse it, it will be taken form you.

But moving on, Congrats to all the elites, I hope that you will help to keep the community in high spirits and to be role models to newer members.

Slayer was lucky actually, it was only just over a year ago he joined. One of the specific rules I came up with was to be registered for at least a year - that proves loyalty ;)

Having said that, a year is a long time on the internet, so we may decide to lower this period, maybe 6 months or something. Anyway, we'll review the elite periodically, probably looking at choosing more around Christmas time.

Slayer was lucky actually, it was only just over a year ago he joined. One of the specific rules I came up with was to be registered for at least a year - that proves loyalty ;)

Having said that, a year is a long time on the internet, so we may decide to lower this period, maybe 6 months or something. Anyway, we'll review the elite periodically, probably looking at choosing more around Christmas time.

I will try and do my best for christmas, hopefully ^_^