If you have any questions

Hello, my name is Aaron Weiser, I work part-time for R*, the company behind Grand Theft Auto: III and Vice City, as well as Midnight Club I and II and others. I've worked partly on GTA: III and Vice City as a franchise, and currently finished with the followed product that is San Andreas. I am here today for limited purposes, and may be able to answer a few questions if not all. I will not answer questions in line with other companies or games, and in terms, only San Andreas. Reason being is I will be posting at multiple website forums with Q&A within the week. You are not obligated to ask or respond to this query in any way shape or form. Questions regarding myself and my part as a R* worker can be sent to my e-mail adress: [email protected]. I know some of you will think of this as a prank or ploy, but that's your opinion and you may beleive what you like, but do not stray from asking questions. If the owner must contact me, then please send an e-mail to the adress and I will get in contact with you.

It has been confirmed that this person is not an employee of rockstar

To answer your question, there is a plethora of flyable planes. In GTA:III we had the Dodo, and in Vice City we expanded our air solution to helicopters. As San Andreas came around, we decided to expand on the airplanes. The planes you will be able to fly are very much different from the other games.

Full-Winged Dodo- This will not be required in a mission, but is found in all 3 cities. It's now full-winged so it's not as much of a glider as before.

Crop-Duster- This will be required to complete a country mission. The mission has you contaminating another farmers crops, etc. After you complete the country mission, it is available to you at the country airport(a runway), and is flyable. Press circle to have some fun with people below.

Jet- The jet is also flyable and more faster than the Dodo, although not as good in turns. It's not accessible until you beat certain Las Venturas missions.

All other planes- Are not flyable persay, but you can still go into them. If you do not feel like drving from Las Venturas to Los Santos, ride a plane. Much like the subway in GTA: III, it's a cinema that shows the plane flying.

I hope I answered your question to full extent. I will be here another 3 days.

How big is the map *really* going to be? I mean, let's put it this way. If you get into an Infernus (or its equivalent) and floor it, how long (in real world minutes) is the drive between each of the cities assuming no traffic in the way?

Are the freeways going to be eternally crowded like the real LA hence rendering them useless?

Are the planes going to be any easier to control? (Let's hope so!)

How long is a plane ride between cities going to take?

Is it going to be a staged game like the other 2 (as in, you unlock the map in stages)?

If yes, is the order going to be LS->SF->LV?

Is the map going to be triangular shaped (allowing you to drive from any city to any city) or is it going to be linear (forcing you to drive through one of the cities to get to another one like in 3 we necessarily had to go through manhattan to get from new jersey to long island).

What excuse are you going to give to block access b/n stages? (Bomb on bridge, construction delays, hurricane warnings etc)?

Since the real life San Andreas is a fault, are there going to be random Earthquakes in the game?

What are some of the missions gonna be?

What is the coolest mission of the game?

Is the plot goal-oriented (like in GTA3 where the ultimate goal of playing the game was to find and kill Catalina) or is it going to be relatively open-ended (like VC where you had no ultimate goal, but instead just kept building your empire and trying to survive)? I think 3 had a more engaging story than VC, tho VC was technically far better.

How many non-plot central characters will give you missions (like phone missions etc)?

Is there a way of killing all gang members of a particular gang or disguising yourself so they don't recognise you? Because one of the main problems I had in the other 2 GTAs was that by the end of the game no matter where you stepped it was raining bullets on you all the time and you spent most of your time avoiding gang territorry rather than lookin for packages etc. Will that be a problem in SA as well?

Also, when are you realeasing the game on PC and what are the suggested reqs for that?

hes a fake somone at one of the forums i go into emailed the r* webmaster and he said that r* have no-one taking part in q and a's at the minute , and to lock any topics started by this person and anyway if he was who hes saying then the info would be sent to a r* email adresses and not a stupid msn.

Thank you for your plethora of questions, I hope I can answer your questions fully.

The Plane in Juank Air is sadly a cinematic which I confirmed earlier in this thread. There will be no jet skis in the game sadly. New cars I have been told are available is the first version of the Kuruma(before Liberty City), the Tortega, a old style truck, Bobcat, and Blista. Yes, there are many times of animals in the game, to name a few: Cats, dogs, birds, chickens, and pigs.

I especially love Qwerty's question on how long it would take, and this is just estimation, but if you were to "floor it" as you put it, then the approx. time would be a little less or more than an hour.

The planes issued in the upcoming game are much easier to control in San Andreas.

The plane ride takes no more than two minutes.

I cannot tell the order of missions or openings of the game currently.

It will not be triangular, but will be, in a way, like a linear map, although that's not neccesarily a bad thing, is it?

I cannot at this time tell the excuse for getting to different cities, but let's say it's a good one

This is by far a good question, but there will not be earthquakes in the game.

Most missions I cannot express, but one mission requires you to fly a crop duster, and ruin another farmers crop.

Coolest Mission. As of now, I have no played the full version since the game is late in Beta Development, but as of now, there is no favorite mission for myself.

The whole plot for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a little bit of both, and is amazingly detailed, and like previous games, I beleive you will love it.

There is many different odd job missions for you to complete in the game, and eventually you can earn certain objectives from them.

The problem has been talked about, but will not be an issue. Like you've seen in screenshots, up to 4-men can be inside a car at a time, and if you need to have some sort of action take place in gang territory, then fill up the car and have no worries.

The PC version I am not involved with, but I would possibly know more information by December.

To answer Qwerty/Kuniva, I am not taking part in an unauthorized Q&A and have been given full instructions in what to do. The webmaster@r* is not currently affiliated with the doings of myself and Rockstar, and has no authority over the decisions Rockstar has made the past few days.

OMG!

Lemme get this straight - if there is no traffic at all in the game, and you get into the fastest car there is and go the fastest possible speed between Los Santos and San Fiero, it will take you AN HOUR of real world time to travel between them?!?!?!?!?!?

DAMN!

Dude, you can go from San Francisco to Los Angeles in real life 4 hours if you get a Ferarri and floor it if there is no traffic (and no cops obviously).

I was expecting 15-20 mins or so for GTASA, especially since the map that R* released of LS island wasn't *that* big. I mean, in VC you could easily travel the longer north-south axis of the two islands in 180 seconds in a very fast car if there was no traffic. This can only mean that the unshown (as of yet) countryside between the 2 cites in SA is either much, much, much larger than previously imagined by anyone, or is extremely mountainous.

Damn. I cannot believe this.

But I suppose that when I play the game if there really is a crop duster mission then I'll know for a fact that you're for real cos your'e the only one who has mentioned a crop duster so far of all the websites I've been to.

And besides, the game is going to be out in less than a month, so it'd better not be still in beta, however late that beta is. Infact since you know you're going to be sold out for many months you should already be cranking out copies by now.

And if they want any chance of porting the game to PC by June they should already have been hard at work on it and should finish the bulk of the work soon because you know there are going to be glitches, delays and unforseen occurances as there always are.

Also regarding the map orientation, there are bridges to both the west and to the north of LS island according to R*'s official map. So if the travel is linear, why are there two sets of bridges?

And I'm glad to hear the plot will be good, because I wasn't too impressed by VC's plot. I'm sure I'll love the game though, because this game is just fantastic!

Thanks for answering my questions though... I'll post if I have more :-)

Thank you for the involvement in your post. As you well know, L.A. is a big and busy place, so of course the freeways will be busy. As of yet, there is not a 24 hour busy freeway, but there are certain times when it will be quite crowded.

As far as your surprise to my answer regarding the time length, well, to put it simply, it's that big. In San Andreas there's not only small towns with backroads, but also cities with many turns, and of course the desert, Mt. Chiliad, and other conditions not released. It's not as much size as it is content, although this upcoming game is five to six times bigger.

If There Is A Cement Mixer, Does this mean that during a police chace, you can drop wet cement on them?????

and can u make ramps out of cement?????

Is There Gonna Be Hitchhikers in the desert?

Does CJ have to go to the toilet?

what is CJ able to do in his house?

Can you really use the boot of a car to store things? :coolthumbup:

Can you drive slow in GTA:SA. Unlike VC you could only drive fast and you would always be crashing everywhere, which is unrealistic. It also isnt gangsterly to do that.

Is there, and can you use rollerblades or skateboards?

Will peoples hands still be blocks, with lines to indicate fingers. And will your watch, like in VC, be drawn flat on your hand?

Can you only enter buildings that you can buy things from?

Are most of the cars from VC? (that would be stupid)

Are there more weapon TYPES?

Do you really work with Rockstar Games? If you do shouldn't you have a R* email, that is ******@rockstargames.com

Edited by GTA SA FREAK