Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gerard

Great Browser Poll

The Great Browser Poll   101 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser do you prefer to use?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer 7
    • Internet Explorer 6 and below
    • Safari (Mac)
    • Camino (Mac)
    • Opera
    • Mozilla
    • Netscape
    • Other (please specify in reply)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

111 posts in this topic

I often use Firefox, it's safer than IE, although it crashes more often in my PC, especially when viewing certain graphically-intensive and Flash-enabled pages. Oh well... :lol:

I've got opera, used to have FF.

Same as me. Opera is fairly unknown, and not a lot of people use it. I use it, and I love it! I recommend it to everybody! :thumbsup:

Firefox after my brother suggested it. I hate IE7, the tabs and all the things at the top take up so much space and looks really un-neat. Oh and plus on Friefox there's an add-on which lets you download youtube videos and like put them on your iPod or something.

Compelling argument.

Then again, Firefox is totally vulnerable to tons and tons of exploits, doesn't support skinning, doesn't have 100s of extensions to further increase its functionality, doesn't support transparent .png files, doesn't check spelling, doesn't have a superior rendering engine, and isn't open source.

Oh wait.

So I'm forced to using FF2 now due to some problem with IE7. Rendering goes faster and stuff, but in general I hate it and would prefer IE anyday, even though it has quite some faults..

Um, well I had a problem with FF2. If any Page that is Flash Enabled, it closes my Window down. :( That sucks, but then the problem gets fixed and it's working perfectly.

But yeah, even IE7 is good too, but sometimes it just doesn't work for me sometimes.

My Mum Disabled IE6/7 because it let in Viruses very Easily

IE7 shouldn't really allow you to let Viruses pass through your computer. If you have IE6, the chances are huge. But in IE7 you get this Pop up about keeping yourself safe. So basically, IE7 doesn't allow you to do that. ;)

I see on the poll that Mozilla and FireFox are on different lines. Isn't named: Mozilla FireFox the browser or there are different?

Tell me please. ;)

My Mum Disabled IE6/7 because it let in Viruses very Easily

Parent of the year award = your mom.

IE7 shouldn't really allow you to let Viruses pass through your computer. If you have IE6, the chances are huge. But in IE7 you get this Pop up about keeping yourself safe. So basically, IE7 doesn't allow you to do that. ;)

It has some exploits fixed but still more than FF2. IE7 is also naggier and generally more of a pain in the ass.

I see on the poll that Mozilla and FireFox are on different lines. Isn't named: Mozilla FireFox the browser or there are different?

Tell me please. ;)

Firefox was originally just a separate project from Mozilla. Mozilla was a HUEG browser, containing an email client/large download manager/etc...Firefox was to be a small lightweight browser alternative to Mozilla but then it pwned everything and the rest is history.

Ok, thanks for the information chris. Never knew this. I have on my PC IE7 too. Sometimes IE7 is better than FF, but sometimes it is opposite. I've heard of Opera browser, I had it lately but started to be useless so I deleted it. Was kinda good.