Official Vice City Stories Site Update #3

Chris

Rockstar have just this minute updated the official Vice City Stories website. There is of course the third and final trailer titled In So Deep which features Phil Collins, 11 new screenshots, and sadly, no new information. The multiplayer page now contains all the official descriptions of each mode, we'll be updating our page accordingly later. The Music page has a sample listing of the soundtrack, with more details coming soon, one noticeable entry is the legendary Run DMC with "It's Like That". It's also worth noting that the soundtrack will soon be appearing on iTunes and Urge. The radio stations confirmed for the game are as follows: Flash FM, Fresh 105 FM, VRock, Paradise, Espantaso, Emotion 98.3, VCFL and Wave 103.

The only new information I could find other than this was that of a new amphibious car called the Splitz. You can see a screenshot of this in our screenshots gallery where I have uploaded all of the screenshots Rockstar have uploaded today. Bear in mind some of the 19 images uploaded are duplicates we have already seen, but 11 of them are brand new.

splitz1.jpgveterans1.jpgvcs_35.jpg

This latest update to the official site includes another discovered episode of Vice City's short-lived 1984 news channel, MeTV News - full up with the footage, images and sounds that defined the era. Also, be sure to check out the launch of the MULTIPLAYER section, which features an overview of all 10 modes available, as well as the debut of the MUSIC section, which contains a sample track listing (full track list coming soon).

And last but certainly not least - the launch of Official Trailer #3: "IN SO DEEP". Set to the tune of Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight". Can you feel it?

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecitystories/

Rockstar have just this minute updated the official Vice City Stories website. There is of course the third and final trailer titled In So Deep which features Phil Collins, 11 new screenshots, and sadly, no new information. The multiplayer page now contains all the official descriptions of each mode, we'll be updating our page accordingly later. The Music page has a sample listing of the soundtrack, with more details coming soon, one noticeable entry is the legendary Run DMC with "It's Like That". It's also worth noting that the soundtrack will soon be appearing on iTunes and Urge. The radio stations confirmed for the game are as follows: Flash FM, Fresh 105 FM, VRock, Paradise, Espantaso, Emotion 98.3, VCFL and Wave 103.

The only new information I could find other than this was that of a new amphibious car called the Splitz. You can see a screenshot of this in our screenshots gallery where I have uploaded all of the screenshots Rockstar have uploaded today. Bear in mind some of the 19 images uploaded are duplicates we have already seen, but 11 of them are brand new.

splitz1.jpgveterans1.jpgvcs_35.jpg

This latest update to the official site includes another discovered episode of Vice City's short-lived 1984 news channel, MeTV News - full up with the footage, images and sounds that defined the era. Also, be sure to check out the launch of the MULTIPLAYER section, which features an overview of all 10 modes available, as well as the debut of the MUSIC section, which contains a sample track listing (full track list coming soon).

And last but certainly not least - the launch of Official Trailer #3: "IN SO DEEP". Set to the tune of Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight". Can you feel it?

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecitystories/

Did you keep looking on the site or did you get an E-mail? Because I didnt get the E-mail yet. Would you know why?

That Splitz is a funny looking vehicle. :P

Yeah although it looks like it could be very useful.

Did you keep looking on the site or did you get an E-mail? Because I didnt get the E-mail yet. Would you know why?

Well most of us assumed a site update would occur tonight for several reasons.

1. The fact Rockstar only have 1 week left before the game is released.

2. All the other updates happened on a Tuesday.

3. The last update also seemingly got delayed a few hours making it between 1am and 2am GMT where the site would be updated.

and 4. I wrote a small PHP script a while ago which checks for changes in the filesize of the index page on the official site. I then get an email if there is a change, but I can also view the script online and refresh every couple of minutes to see if theres a change (which I do when I know there's going to be an update).

I saw the update because Rockstar were in the middle of uploading the file when I refreshed so I posted about it straight away, and then proceeded to save all the new images.

Also, don't forget I have script in my admin panel so I can upload an image and a thumbnail is automatically created and the screen automatically gets shown in the screenshots gallery, all these time saving features...

Yes that's what it takes to get the info out quick as hell to all the fans, like almost instantaneously when there's and update. It's worth it though ;)

That Splitz is a funny looking vehicle. :P

Yeah although it looks like it could be very useful.

Well most of us assumed a site update would occur tonight for several reasons.

1. The fact Rockstar only have 1 week left before the game is released.

2. All the other updates happened on a Tuesday.

3. The last update also seemingly got delayed a few hours making it between 1am and 2am GMT where the site would be updated.

and 4. I wrote a small PHP script a while ago which checks for changes in the filesize of the index page on the official site. I then get an email if there is a change, but I can also view the script online and refresh every couple of minutes to see if theres a change (which I do when I know there's going to be an update).

I saw the update because Rockstar were in the middle of uploading the file when I refreshed so I posted about it straight away, and then proceeded to save all the new images.

Also, don't forget I have script in my admin panel so I can upload an image and a thumbnail is automatically created and the screen automatically gets shown in the screenshots gallery, all these time saving features...

Yes that's what it takes to get the info out quick as hell to all the fans, like almost instantaneously when there's and update. It's worth it though ;)

Wow thats pretty kick ass. I also heard about an update but wasnt sure if it were just a new vid or an actual site update. They usually put the new info up at 8:00 USA Eastern Time, and I kept checking for about 40 minutes and then stopped thinking it wasnt gonna update but it obvioulsy did :( I try really hard to get info up ASAP but I'm usually behind you by 4-5 minutes. This time I just used your post on my homepage and linked the info back to here. I wasnt gonna waste time getting it up knowing that someone already beat me to the punch.

Yeah well you may have had the un-updated page stored in your cache preventing you from seeing the update :P

It's not really a race to post news first though, it's just the sooner you do it the better it looks, rather than lagging behind others. A matter of minutes isn't even worth mentioning though to be honest. Not many people would notice, nor do they go around all the GTA sites seeing which ones have and haven't posted.

Yeah well you may have had the un-updated page stored in your cache preventing you from seeing the update :P

It's not really a race to post news first though, it's just the sooner you do it the better it looks, rather than lagging behind others. A matter of minutes isn't even worth mentioning though to be honest. Not many people would notice, nor do they go around all the GTA sites seeing which ones have and haven't posted.

[sarcasim=mild] Really I thought everyone did that.[/sarcasim]

I dont know I just dont want to look highly unprofessional right now since I have a free site. I'm gonna get an IPB Forum, my own domain or whatever for a homepage and then get some .com s for them. I just have to find a good job. I just work with my brother right now in construction and I get paid under the table, good pay but I dont have a job every week.

Anyways. The updates on the official site seem pretty cool. The more I read about the game the more it seems like Rockstart took a few ideas from my site. It might just be me though.