Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrisman

The Big Ass Firefox 3 Thread

87 posts in this topic

Oh, and for pr0ns I use FF; Because it can delete everything. IE always still keeps a part of it.

It works slightly slower then IE7 for me.. (starting up. As soon as it's running its quicker). But just for normal surfing I prefer IE.

Well, I use to use IE6 because my brother said it was easy, but then when I started downloading stuff like Save Games, Mods for GTAIII, alot of Spyware and Viruses came onto my computer. I then switched to Firefox because I saw that alot of members on here were using it and saying it had add-ons and Extensions. I eventually moved to Firefox and then I found it alot easier to surf the site more faster.

I told my brother to switch to Firefox, but he said he wouldn't because he was more use to IE6. I would partly agree with that, it's easy to use and simple. But when it comes to safety for your computer, Firefox should be used.

I have a problem. I noticed that the new FireFox came with a spellchecker which really helped with getting out of the text talk phase but it has seemed to of disappeared after an update... Is there a way to get it back?

NOTE: The spellchecker disappeared a while back so I can't tell you when it went away.

I can probably make one, and have it ready by the end of the week.

All addons are now compatible with Firefox 3. Feel free to post any good addons.

I love this topic. I downloaded several add-ons from here.

Anyways, I got an add-on that I'd like to recommend. It's named Webmail Notifier. It checks your email account(s) for mail and if you have mail, it'll notify you and just click on it's icon and it'll open tab of that email account(s).

It's really convenient and support a big majority of email providers.

Another update of Firefox 3 was released 3 days ago - Firefox 3.0.2. Release notes here - http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/3.0.2/releasenotes/. I haven't even downloaded the 3.0.1 version, I still get that stupid box each time you try to open Firefox, something about the Javascript. I'll download it now.