GTA Long Night Problems

lostinsanity

I have recently got to about 90% on Vice City, and quite frankly, got bored of looking for the few hidden packages and unique jumps.

Anyway, I decided to get the Long Night mod, so I had something else to play with.

I installed the mod as the readme told me to... and here is what I did...

1. I ran the GTA Mod Installer, chose the Long Night folder, installed to the vice city folder, backed up the files that were changed, and it all went well.

2. I copied the files in "step 2" as the readme said to do, and it all went well.

When I tried to play the game, I get right up to the new game/load game screen, and I have chosen both options (starting new, or loading my previous vice city save)

All that happens at this point is the screen goes black if I choose new game, or it sticks on the "loading your save game" screen.

Upon pressing Alt+Tab, I come up with a window saying

Unhandles exception: (string of numbers)

At Address: (String of numbers)

I can't tell you the actual numbers, because as I just tried to open it to make sure I can give as much info as possible, it froze at the GTA Long Night title, and came up with the following window

Unhandled Exception: c00000094

At Address: 005d7f97

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Or can someone help me remove the long night mod? I am completely clueless for what to do next with this.

I hope someone can help me, and I have given enough info.

I have attached the readme that came with long night, which may help someone tell me where I am going wrong.

ReadMe.txt

Hm sounds like you've messed up with modding, but since you've used scripts, it should be ok. If you have any other mods installed, I'd suggest you to remove them. So basically, reinstall the game and after that install Long Night Mod. Also, if the mod changes the main.scm, you can't use your old savegame, only start a new one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...