TGTAP's GTA4 / VCS site layouts

http://www.thegtaplace.com/gta4/

I just updated it... what do you think? (press Ctrl+F5 to make sure you see updated css and images)

I want it to be dark as we know nothing about the game, so it gives the section of the site a sense of mystery. At the moment the logo is completely blank, I thought about putting silhouettes of random characters in it, however, I thought one site already did that, but if I don't find it then I will add this in. I just don't want to be labelled a copycat.

What about using the site though and browsing the old gta4 pages which need updating, does it look all right? Any changes you recommend?

Not dark thats its difficult to read but just dark to look at. If something is to dark and uneventful colours I would just glance through. Maybe have a brighter colour but not to bright as that would just be worse. Maybe go for a pastel colour as its eye catching but not to bright or dark that the writing is a bit more difficult to read. Also pictures will probably stand out more aswell as the text.

Blue is a good colour, what type: light, dark, turquiose? Blue would probably fit in with the logo better aswell as giving it some colour. I hope Im helping but I really get into anything thats needs eye catching presentation. Blue is also good for the whole GTA theme, as blue is a very cold colour and the game is very cold hearted it sort of fits.

I posted that I would make a banner for the VCS section and I started right away and didnt wait for a response from Chris so when I was finished he already had one up but I was wondering which one you guys liked better. Sorry for being some what off topic.

vcssectionbs3.png

OR

vcssectionlogowh5.png

I didnt think this needed a whole new topic but if it does please let me know and I guess I'll make one.

It's best if you do select inverse with magic wand (depends on the background though) or use the magic wand and select the text, do "layer via copy" and then edit that layer using lasso or marquee tools. You'll get a much better result if you use that technique when cutting things out.

Or you can just use the VC font and write "Vice City Stories". Then add glow and border effects so that it looks like original.