Getting the forums more active

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe open a promotion .. first 200 people who join from now, will get $5000 board money ? I can't really think of anything else .

Well I might do that after we have upgraded to IPB2 and have a new shop.

Does it cost much to advertise?

Well it depends where you are advertising, and how big the banner is. I've never actually done a proper advertisement anywhere before.

Maybe instead of getting revenue from google ad sense program, exchange it for advertisments on other sites

you mean replace the google ads with different ones?

• 3 weeks later...
yeah im not sure that ads would really work for a forum, however someone could make a 468x60 banner for the forums and I could put it in the random banner rotator on the main site to attract more people

If you make a real funny slogan, it'll probably attract some people. Should we make a slogan contest, or something?

• 2 weeks later...

you mean gta area right? :P

yeah well Niklas is amazing at php, he coded it himself I believe. I'm not that good at php yet

maybe a 'gang' of members from this forum want to help me with my idea?

yeah well what I was thinking, we head over to Invisionize and go to the mod request forum where I will request a mod like GTA Areas killing one, then all you guys will reply to the topic and it will make it look likes in high demand, so one of the good coders will hopefully realise it would be good to make it

oh also can you guys all post in the community topics like, 'Word Association Game' and 'What are you listening to right now' to keep them active, they are good community builders

remember no spamming though, and no more new games to be posted

• 2 weeks later...