46 replies to this topic

#41 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

I really don't know what caused that comment, I don't use any drugs. I am talking about my experiences with music on a personal level, however, regarding those tabs I had opened, I posted about the Russian music site I used as an alternative to YouTube and Grooveshark, just to stream some stuff you look for specifically versus a radio station covering a type of music. I was taping vintage TV broadcasts when Kool Moe Dee and another rapper came on to talk about stamping out violence at concerts, this was late 1980s, so prior to that, I didn't know much about rap and hip hop based on my locations and media outlets. However, some of this style stem from 60s and 70s influences. 

I miss George Clinton in Grand Theft Auto, but look up Bootsy Collins and you'll see he's alum of that P-Funk ground breaking music of the 70s, Disco was much more popular overall though

#42 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

So what do people think about the new Eminem album (The Marshall Mathers LP 2)?

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#43 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'll pass. What do you think of Britney Spears in GTA?! I read some people's comments that made me laugh, expected responses of dismay

#44 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'll pass. What do you think of Britney Spears in GTA?! I read some people's comments that made me laugh, expected responses of dismay

Why pass and then go offtopic? The topic is about rap. 

This is why I wonder about the types of drugs you take ;)

#45 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

Pop and rap, then, sorry. I really dislike Eminem and make no bones about it, if you can't sing, you better rap DAMN well, and for me, what I like in the genre is a unique vocal quality, not just spitting out verses as fast as you can.

#46 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

I wouldn't say rap is about spitting out verses as fast as you can.

#47 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Most is if the singer or rapper can't sing for one, or can't do anything unique that stands out, I like Outkast for example, and Snoop Dogg because they have unique vocals, so they don't have to sing per se, they can just rap interesting stories and verses, and it's not tiresome .... at least in small doses. I prefer the old school singing, so the soul station I'd groove on more so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users