Flying in the dodo plane

kroma1991

:pissedred:When I get In the dodo plane and tried to fly, it worked but after 2 seconds its slowed down and fell down, and I always fall into the ocean. Did I forget to press some button? or it's just a problem in the game.

Please tell me how to fly this thing!

Hey welcome to the forums ! Hmm , i played GTA 3 in my friend's house and have troubles flying it too . I heard rumours that you can fly it very well but i have some doubts . Hope somebody can help !

O/T : Hey 1991 , finally there's another person who has the same age as me

• 5 months later...

Yo I own that game and I gotten problems too. :thumbsdown:

People say when u use the DoDo u can fly to Ghost Town or Ghost City whatever it's called. It's pretty hard flying it. My bro (tommy vercetti guy) says that it's pretty easy to fly a DoDo. I don't really belive him. U prob mite have to press up and down alot cuz I tried that and it made me go in the air for 27 seconds. :blush:

i have not got gta 3, but i have played my coisins, the dodo is impossible to fly, it i soo hard, the flying car cheat is easier to fly than the dodo. i am sure it can not fly for long seeing as it is actually called the dodo, if so many people have trouble flying it, and it is called a dodo, surely it is no coincidence. i tihnk it cant fly and there might be some mods though. also i would like to mention i am younger, 1992 i hate my age.

Its pretty easy to fly the dodo, my record is 450 seconds or something, I would go on for longer but i get bored easily and besides it was foggy and raining so i couldnt see a shitting thing

Anyway do you know, or have you heard of Noops-n-Gleh, a.k.a Noops, he's the world record holder at 49 hours. He wrote a guide which is on IGN - http://faqs.ign.com//articles/371/371318p1.html

he is cool

I might change my birthday so that it doesn't show I'm 99 or something and put it back to 89. Anyway more to the point, what's the point in flying that long, I did a stoppy for ten minutes twenty (does that mean I'm the record holder? I hope so) then got bored, however with the dodo if you do the old push forward for sparks trick it's still hard to control and the observatory is like the planes so you can't land.

• 3 months later...

the DoDo isnt har to fly at all what i do is i hold my finger on the down button till its about to hit the ground then quicly press up and then when its in the air i just turn it and it gets higher and u can fly for longer it u make small turns but if u make the turns to big then it falls to the ground

the DoDo isnt har to fly at all what i do is i hold my finger on the down button till its about to hit the ground then quicly press up and then when its in the air i just turn it and it gets higher and u can fly for longer it u make small turns but if u make the turns to big then it falls to the ground

Wow! People who bump useless topics are really cool shitheads. We all know the dodo does not fly. If you wan't to fly it, edit the handling file on the PC version.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I play on a PS2 with no mods of any kind. Several times I have taken off from the Airport in the Dodo and flown over the water all the way around all three islands back to Shoreside Vale, landing on the runway heading the same direction I took off in (I've done it clockwise and counterclockwise).

...Well, okay, I usually *crash* on the runway. But let's not split hairs.

The point is that if you read MrIQ's Dodo FAQ here: http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/gta3/guide...auto_3_dodo.txt ...and still can't fly the Dodo more than ten seconds, then I have a question: How are you getting to the Liberty City Airport in the first place? Does your mom drive you? :evil:

MrIQ's method doesn't allow much control over your altitude. I've heard that it is possible to ascend, but I've never seen it explained by anybody with a shift key or any punctuation on their keyboard, so I've blown it off.

BTW, The hardest part about the "around the world" flight is that one of the keys to flying the Dodo is to keep it level, and in certain places where the designers obviously don't expect you to be (e.g. off of the east coast of Portland, and around Cochrane Dam), the plane disappears off of the screen, making it very hard to fly level. Watch the horizon and cross your fingers. There are easter eggs out there.