Importing mods/cars/textures

-Bruce-

Well firstly hi everyone :D I just found gta today and remembered about mods, and stuff, what im having problems with is that when I've downloaded a modded car or whatever, where do i put it in the files, and when i put it in the files and start the game will I have to find the car??

How To Install Skins and Models

A Guide By Shifty

Introduction:

OK, since it's a GTA Vice City game, you can either download the IMG Tool 1.0 or IMG Tool 1.3 or the latest one, IMG Tool 2.0. I recommend the IMG Tool 2.0, since it is the latest and it can mod GTA San Andreas as well, including GTA III.

Click here to download the IMG Tool 2.0 from The GTA Place.

First

Read the ReadMe!.txt first, or you will crash your game and have to reinstall. Then, you will know what *.txds and *dffs to replace/delete/overwrite. Every Mods/Skins you download should have one. You should also read the Readme.txt file of the IMG Tools. Think of it as the Bible in your modding life :)

Step 1:

After downloading the *.zip file, extract the files into a folder, to make it easier.

Step 2

Open the gta3.img file (using the IMG Tool) located in your "X:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\models"

("X:\" being your local where you install the game).

Step 3

Create a folder in the "X:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\models", and name it 'Backups' or something. Trust me, this is going to make things easier.

Step 4

Extract the file(s) you want to modify (basically replace) to the 'Backups' folder you have just created earlier. Just in case anything happens.

Step 5

Delete the file that you have just extracted, and then select the "Regenerate List" (or something like that) to complete the delete process.

Step 6

Import the files that you have downloaded (usually txds and dffs or just txds/dffs) into that gta3.img.

Step 7

Close the programs, refresh the desktop, cross your finger, and pray to God that this works (it should, unless you haven't did what I wrote above, or the mod/skin files are corrupted)

Result

If anything happens (crashing etc.) re-trace your steps and figure out what happened wrong, then use the backup files you created to replace the modskins (the ones you download).

If it works: congragulations! :thumbsup::clapping:

Hope I Helped

I crashed my game by an accident ...sorry, everytime I try and play at the loading screen it freezes and says in a box on the desktop

Unhandled exception: c0000005

At address: 0057901d

But I can't re-intall because I can't find the file in programs, it's not their.

I also do not have the CD or anything I just have the files of the game and the boot exe

nvmd... I found a way to do it :P

Edited by -Bruce-