destroyed cd

Snazzybacon

hi about a year ago my gta3 play cd broke whne it was in the pc theres a big scrach in it and i dont wanna try puting it in again

so about a month ago i found this forum (because i play gta sa) and i kinda miss gta3 so is there any way to play the game without the play disk? if you can please tell or give a link to something

hope ya can help

You can always download a no CD crack, but that

- is illegal

- gives you viruses

- wont make some mods work

Yes, it does seem to be illegal, but I don't think it should be. Once you buy the game and have proof of doing so, it shouldn't matter if you use a noCD.

I also don't know about the viruses, but if you're worried, get AVG Free Antivirus to scan any file you want.

And, yes, some mods, wont work. Most should however, but you never know...

However, TheGTAPlace doesn't condone the linking to or posting of these cracks and any topic or post that does will be deleted.

Uhh... I don't mean to be a dick when I say this but, I bite the edges of cd's when I'm angry and they still work, So I tested it, A big line through the middle and you say ' it broke '? Hmm.. A CD doesn't break until it's split into two or somehow, so it should work. It's just a scratch don't worry. Also how do you know it doesn't work when you didn't put the cd in?

• 1 month later...

Boy, are you guys ever helpful.....

I'm in a similiar boat as this guy, only my CD was swiped by a bitch of an ex-landylady as I was moving out(she swiped it for her bastard son).

:bashhead:

To compound the problem, GTA3 is not avialible in my area, and I don't have a credit card.

But I guess this place is just for bragging about your gaming exploits in SA - not for older games or actually (GOD FORBID) helping people.

<_<

Boy, are you guys ever helpful.....

I'm in a similiar boat as this guy, only my CD was swiped by a bitch of an ex-landylady as I was moving out(she swiped it for her bastard son).

:bashhead:

To compound the problem, GTA3 is not avialible in my area, and I don't have a credit card.

But I guess this place is just for bragging about your gaming exploits in SA - not for older games or actually (GOD FORBID) helping people.

<_<

check ur messages m8

• 6 months later...
he is a f***ing bastard! :mellow:

Says the one who's 5 word post contained 2 profanities. Nobody cares what you think when you have that attitude, go learn some proper nouns AND adjectives, then come back and synthesize some proper english please. Oh, and your grammar is apalling. Sentences start with caps.

Just try the CD mate, what's the worst that can happen. Thoug my DVD drive stripped the recording surface of my AOE disc once... But that shouldn't happen... :huh:

hi about a year ago my gta3 play cd broke whne it was in the pc theres a big scrach in it and i dont wanna try puting it in again

so about a month ago i found this forum (because i play gta sa) and i kinda miss gta3 so is there any way to play the game without the play disk? if you can please tell or give a link to something

hope ya can help

Boy, what a terrible CD drive you got there; can't help you with that, other than using CD recovery software - go borrow a good, clean drive from a friend, install it, slap the CD, and let the recovery program do the work for you. Outcome depends on the damage done, and the drive. The noCD crack helps, but I'm afraid that's illegal and may harm your PC, since unscrupulous warez groups sometimes infect their cracks with malware... Buy a new, legal, original/licensed GTA3 disc if you have the dough... To me, backups are a geek's best friend...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

I'm afraid to say but you bumped a topic that really didn't need to be.

1) He needed this information back in 2006. And that wasn't 14 days ago...

2) If you do bump a topic then post something everyone can use, not just swearing...

3) Look at the date before you post...

4) Change you name, it can offend some people around here, and get that Aussie Cricket Sucks, again offense. Just because we beat you doesn't mean you can say that sort of thing without prove.

he is a f***ing bastard! :mellow:

Says the one who's 5 word post contained 2 profanities. Nobody cares what you think when you have that attitude, go learn some proper nouns AND adjectives, then come back and synthesize some proper english please. Oh, and your grammar is apalling. Sentences start with caps.

Here here, well said. Post removed.