Photo
- - - - -

Why is Vic Vance head of Vance Crime Family?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:19 AM

Is the OFFICIAL strategy guide the ONLY source you're getting his age from, though? That wouldn't be the Brady Games guide, would it?

I mean, they aren't Rockstar.... Who's to say they are 100% right?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#42 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

Yeah it is Brady games and that's the ONLY source so far, I've held off writing a news post about all this false information because it seems most of the sources aren't reliable. I could email Brady Games and ask them were they got the information from, though I'd assume it would be directly from Rockstar, they wouldn't just make infromation up.

#43 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:43 PM

yeah Brady Games makes the most reliable stratagy guides and I wouldn't think that they could mess that up. They were only givin 4 ages to put in that stratagy guide and the closes ages that they could mess up are ages 33, Ken Rosenberg and 35, Tommy Vercetti. If they messed up Ken's or Tommy's with Lance's then he would still be older than Victor. I dont think they made the ages up cause some of the characters dont have ages mentioned. So I think that they got it from Rockstar themselves but we'll just have to find out.

#44 cubanwhip

cubanwhip

I just don't give a fúck.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • United States 

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

Well, OGTAM, I just went and tried to prove Adriaan wrong on that post. So I can kiss my membership on that site goodbye and join you on the banned bench.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

Well I was warming the seat up for you so welcome :D.
Finally someone has my back on that.

#46 Victor_Vance

Victor_Vance

Drop Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

Victor Vance is older cause in Vice City he was Bald and chubby... and Lance wasn't

#47 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:22 PM

LOL your point?

My uncle is more than 10 years younger than my dad and my uncle is bald.

#48 Oskar

Oskar

y halo thar owlz!

• Banned
  • 1,440 posts
  • Poland 

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

And chubby?

Physical doesn't mean anything to age... except the face...

#49 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:56 AM

ok now back to the storyline issue. Do you guys think that we find out in VCS that Lance plans on killing off his older brother? This could be a big part of the storyline. Maybe that was the reason Victor is the main character. In VC 86' his death seemed to be just a plot to the game but could end up to have a whole other story behind it.

If Lance did set up the killing of his brother then I think that near the end of the game, tension starts to heat up between Lance and Victor like with Tommy in Vice City. This tension hinting Lance's jealousy but you never get to find out because the game finishes and it doesn't cross over to 1986 where Victor died or it would be stupid not being able to play again after beating the game. So maybe Lance starts to show jealousy at the end of the game and maybe in the next year or year and a half (whatever the time difference between the end of VCS and the beginning of VC is), Lance planned the set up of his brother so he could take over and be his own boss and try to take over Vice City by himself. Which didn't work by the way. :whistle:

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#50 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:02 PM

Well that could be true but would if we do cross over with the VC 86' Storyline but we find that Victor has armor on and we continue the storyline past the events that happened in VC 86'. I'm not to sure about this but I would love for that to happen.

#51 ThePunisher

ThePunisher

Ex-Con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

Guys listen 2 me. IM A GTA MASTER MIND. hERES WHAT REALLY HAPPEN!!!!! Lance was in a helicopter with the deal. Lance saw tommy with his two buisness partners. He wanted to see If tommy was responsible with the murder of his brother. Lance used tommy to see if he really planed the ambush. But!!! Why did tommy ran away?? Now Lance totaly forgot that he had a boss. Sonny payed lance to leave tommys side. So he neverd found tommy a real friend. When lance wanted to kill the person that killed his brother, he played along with tommy if he was going to confess. So then Lance realized he wasn't involved. So he just used tommy until the very end.
The only way to live a good life is by acting on your emoticons.Posted Image

#52 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:22 AM

WTF are you talking about? That was a real deal that was made between Sonny and the Vance Brothers which was ambused by Diaz. He bribed a swat team to ambush the deal. Lance ran away cause he was a coward. Lance later "teamed" up with Sonny when Lance thought Tommy wasn't giving him a fair "slice". You dont know what the hell you''re talking about. You have nothing to prove what you just said.

#53 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:02 PM

Sorry for the double post but here is a Clip of Lance talking to Tommy either saying.

"People patronized me all my life, treat me like a little kid. My little brother would do that."

This is what I think he said since he was choked up. He could have said "little"

On the other hand he could have said this

"People patronized me all my life, treat me like a little kid. My bigol' brother would do that."

When I got a Slow-mo clip of it, it sounded to me that he said this

"People patronized me all my life, treat me like a little kid. My gittle brother would do that."

What do you guys think?

#54 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:01 AM

He definitely says 'little', it's in the script.

And that's correct, Vic is the younger brother.

However, it's only two years, Vic is obviously the better criminal. When playing VCS you'll realise why Vic is head, he is just so much better than Lance.

In real life I don't think age would matter when it comes to heading a family. The best family member is chosen.
Quite a big deal is being made of this and I don't really understand why.

#55 ThePunisher

ThePunisher

Ex-Con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:30 AM

Ya vic seems like a nice guy. THAT lance vance boy. I hate him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#56 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:35 AM

He definitely says 'little', it's in the script.

And that's correct, Vic is the younger brother.

However, it's only two years, Vic is obviously the better criminal. When playing VCS you'll realise why Vic is head, he is just so much better than Lance.

In real life I don't think age would matter when it comes to heading a family. The best family member is chosen.
Quite a big deal is being made of this and I don't really understand why.

Wait did you find the official script?

#57 ThePunisher

ThePunisher

Ex-Con

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:19 AM

Ok whats the score........ Victor is older than lance. His voice seem more deeper. A note to ORGINAL MASTER. You were right. I totaly forgot. How the hell would lance even know sonny. Unless he asked Ken Rosienberg who hes really working for??? that was a note for the guys that MIGHT play gta 24-7

#58 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

What are you talking about now man? The Vance Brothers made a deal with Sonny and Diaz "intervened" like OGM said by bribing the SWAT ambush the deal. I think Lance would know his client and he wouldn't need to ask Ken who he was "really" working for. Get your facts straight before claiming to be a GTA know-it-all.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#59 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

Wait did you find the official script?

Check the American.gxt file if you don't believe me. Also I think someone may have this all transcribed in an FAQ on GameFAQs, all the speech I mean.

#60 K_P

K_P

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •    England 

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

What a mission script?

Link

http://uk.faqs.ign.c...9/409873p1.html

Posted Image