f

youricay

Yes, because you own the game, it is legal to download it off of the internet.

Many people use things like BitTorrent and P2P to download games. Normally this is illegal, but if you already own a store bought copy of what you want to download, it's perfectly legal. So you'll probably have to do that. But only do it if you actually own the game.

That isn't technically true. You own one copy of the game, not multiple copies. If you own the game you can't go into a shop and get six more of it. Yes granted you aren't using up their disks or anything, but you're still downloading copyrighted content which is illegal. Even if you own a different copy of it.

Even if it was, there's nothing saying he owns a copy anyway. The "dog ate my homework" excuse really doesn't wash with me. A dog would find it very difficult to pick up a thin flat disk from the floor, unless it was given to him; and even then he'd find it very hard to scratch it without rubbing it against a hard uneven surface such as stone. Snapping disks isn't easy either.

I would be very surprised to see parents giving you a game thats over two years old for your birthday. Not saying it wouldnt happen, but they're a bit stingy if they buy you Vice City instead of San Andreas. It mostly comes in double packs with GTAIII these days anyway.

Sorry for being sceptical, but I've seen too many people wanting to download the game illegally, making up all kinds of excuses why.

Edited by Gerard

I don't think there's anything you can do that's legal. Most stores won't take back games that have already been used for fear that people are copying it and returning it to get their money back.

Do yourself a favor and don't try to download it p2p, becuase one, you are breaking the law, two, you will most likely get some sort of virus, three it won't work and four you will make the price of games in the future go up.

Even if it was, there's nothing saying he owns a copy anyway. The "dog ate my homework" excuse really doesn't wash with me. A dog would find it very difficult to pick up a thin flat disk from the floor, unless it was given to him; and even then he'd find it very hard to scratch it without rubbing it against a hard uneven surface such as stone. Snapping disks isn't easy either.

I would be very surprised to see parents giving you a game thats over two years old for your birthday. Not saying it wouldnt happen, but they're a bit stingy if they buy you Vice City instead of San Andreas. It mostly comes in double packs with GTAIII these days anyway.

Sorry for being sceptical, but I've seen too many people wanting to download the game illegally, making up all kinds of excuses why.

Oh, come on, like I didn't know he has an illegal copy.

1. I never heard that dogs like to scratch install disks :blink:

2. The game's 4 years old for PS2 and 3 for PC. I don't think they're in stores anymore.

3. He plays with a dildo. How can you trust him? jk

He just wants to get an illegal copy of install disk, that's all. He tried and haven't suceeded.