5 replies to this topic

#1 Infinity

Infinity

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • United States 

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:08 AM

Hey everyone who still plays GTA1 or is interested in playing GTA1 online. I write a client and server called GTADS that allows you to find players and set up multiplayer without having to know IP addresses or opening up multiple ports. There is a lot of work to be done with it to make it "complete" but it allows you to get back into the classics and play a fun deathmatch game. I plan to extend support for GTA2 and a slew of other games that aren't "easily" played over the internet with random people.

Link to GTADS site: http://gtads.blogspot.com

Link to Documentation: GTADS Manual

You can look for me in there as either sday or admin.

Please note, a new version with more features coded is slated for the end of this week.

Enjoy,

Infinity :weird:

#2 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:19 AM

Sounds good, thanks for letting us know about it. I think is it gtamp.com that already have some sort of GTA2 multiplayer thing going? Good that you're still supporting these classic games though, I may try it out one day soon.

#3 Infinity

Infinity

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • United States 

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:20 AM

Sounds good, thanks for letting us know about it. I think is it gtamp.com that already have some sort of GTA2 multiplayer thing going? Good that you're still supporting these classic games though, I may try it out one day soon.

That's cool, i'm also the one that started the GTA open source petition. I hope to send that out at 1000 signatures. But back to the point I am going to add GTA2 support and support for other games. The strength of GTADS is that it only uses 1 port rather than the range of ports required.

#4 Putt

Putt

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Thailand 

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

I really like GTA 2
I lost the cd of it.. :(
Posted Image

#5 E.J.

E.J.

LCF Weapon Supplier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • United States 

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

I think you could download it for free. Everytime I go to Google looking for a free download they show the classic GTA's.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Busby

Busby

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

Yes you can download it free off rockstars website