K_P

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  •    England 

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:59 PM

Also read this quote
'Rockstar want their misssions to be less one- dimensional in VCS and monotonous tasks like 'get form A-to-B' will no longer drag out your GTA experience. Now missions will be designed to be multi-tiered and split between varoius skill sets. The idea is to do away with the quick-shot mission structure of LCS and instead opt for longer in-dept tasks that make greater use of the environment and lend themselves to a more defined narative'

So that will be an improved misssion structure - get in there!!!!

Posted Image

#23 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:01 PM

Wow this sounds way better than the orginal Vice city.

#24 K_P

K_P

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •    England 

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:11 PM

---------------------------------------------
Yet another page!!!

uh-oh
they say the venturted into amuniation as well as other bulidinds during there demo and each was precedded by a little loading time, still no worry, i dont really care! we got JetSkis and a bigger city!

----------------------------------
they also say there was no evidence of car or character customisation and they noticed no wall climbing either - still there not thaat important

------------------------------------
the next page is about cultural movement, nothing big really, hope i helped a little, you can see everthing at gtaforums.com, though u might be waitng a while!

Posted Image

#25 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:18 PM

More screens posted.

#26 K_P

K_P

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •    England 

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

---------------------------------------------
another page

Theres this new thing called The chunder weel - jumping on the ride puts you in a first person persepective, interesting!

Mission 2 called: Jump Ship

Rockstar put alot of effort into this, and it looks like a very good game! Im so happy!!!

-------------------------------------
2 more pages!!! - Am i the only one who cares about this game!!!

More amazing info - I Quote ' The world is breathtaking, with arguably the most epic draw-distances the open-world genre as ever seen. Standing on the beach we could see buildings and trees miles down the sandy shore.................'

Edited by K_P, 01 August 2006 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

Man this is turning out to be nearly the best GTA game there is. But I think GTAIV will take over. This game looks excellent though.

#28 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

Yeah it really does sound like Rockstar are concentrating on the important things, like decent missions and vehicles, rather than silly things like girlfriends and clothes.

I'm actually looking forward to VCS, since I loved Vice City. Might have to steal a PSP....

We've got all this information, along with the full article scans, on the wiki now. We just need to get everything written out in full, and then finish every other game.

It seems everyone else likes it too:
Most members ever online in one day was 99, last accomplished on July 29th, 2006

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#29 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

From our poll:
"Are you looking forward to VCS, more than you were LCS?"

Yes - 66.6%

That's 2/3 of the visitors feel that VCS will be better than LCS basically. And I agree.

#30 K_P

K_P

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •    England 

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

Yh VCS will be much better, its a better environment, bigger city, there will be better missions with its new structure, and many other features which are superior than LCS

Posted Image

#31 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

I actually got some sleep and when I saw the update a couple of minutes ago I was suddenly hit with a lot of excitement. It is going to be cool playing as Vic and I knew there were going to be Jetskis (I put it on the wishlist for GTA4 and they came sooner than I expected.Oh and KP since there is no character customization so I don't think Vic will have more hair than he does now (bald). There's a ton of new stuff like hurricanes, you can swim and there is a ferris wheel that you can ride! I hope maybe there will be rollercoasters in it too (probably not or they would have mentioned it) but if not they should put them in GTA4). There's going to be a new cars, new music and everything. I am really psyched about Vice City Stories, it's gonna kick ass!

This game does look like its going to be the best one yet but in a year and 3 months GTA4 is going to come out and I can't even imagine what new stuff it's gonna have!

Edited by ArturKim21, 01 August 2006 - 07:12 PM.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#32 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:36 PM

Finally we got page 9. Three new screenshots have just been added.

There wasn't much info though, apart from saying the damage has been slightly tweaked.

#33 ScoobyDoo82

ScoobyDoo82

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:01 AM

by the looks of the pictures, it has san andreas license plates(where every car has a different plate number). Also, i am so excited for the sound track, i love music from the early 80's. Owner of a Lonely Heart may reappear, it was on the top 100 in 1984

Edited by ScoobyDoo82, 02 August 2006 - 01:06 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:44 AM

Im not bumbed about the main character being Victor cause he seems to be ok but It just really sucks that you know he'll die 2 years after you do what ever in VCS. I think it will be sort of a waste of time...mission wise. But Im still hyped up from the way the missions will be set up and the new additions to VC.

#35 tilly

tilly

Master of Till

• Members
  • 2,314 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

but maybe if victor wasnt there in life (gta) maybe the whole world would be blown up because of a chain of nuclear reactions from a chemical plant that he was the last person to vote not to build in VC, that lead to the saving of the world by a win of one vote. you know he will die with a fulfilled purpous.
Posted Image Posted Image
/.>ooTILLoo<.\
なんてことだ、私所有するため新参者 - 武士の人

#36 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:01 AM

.........what?

#37 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:16 PM

lol, tilly, wtf are you on?

What he's saying is that in VCS, Vic may have done something awesome, overthrown gangs and shit, and if it wasn't for him, Vice City would be ####ed.
So in the end, him dying in Vice City in 86 isn't all that bad because he has done a good job, so to speak.

#38 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

Yeah Chris is right ( as always :P) he probably done what Vercetti done and took over the whole city or something.

#39 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

Yeah good point tilly, and thanks Chris for translating it into English so to speak. Vic will probably take over the city or something like that but the sad thing is he dies later on. I hope this doesn't happen to all the other protaganists because we never do find out what happens to them after the storyline finishes. They probably do live though or it would be kind of stupid and disappointing.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#40 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:56 PM

Yeah well if Victor did good then we should make a memorial thing for him :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users