The latest edition of Australian GamePro magazine has an exclusive interview with Rockstar. Editor Chris Stead has posted on GTAForums letting us all know about the magazine. We've got scans of it which he has allowed us to post, and we've got details of vital information and new features below.
Vice City Stories - The Brothers Vance - That's right readers - not only was Australian GamePro the first in the world to play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, but we also got to put the hard questions to RockStar themselves in our world exclusive interview!
- Victor Vance is the main character. Vic is a 28 year old marine in peak physical condition.
- VCS is set in 1984 and is "much" bigger than Vice City, there are also lots of familiar buildings that we see just entering development.
- Improved Animations - The animations have been improved massively from the other GTA game. It is now much more realistic and the character's emotions are are more true.
- New Vehicles - JetSki's for example, are in the game.
- Vic does have the ability to swim.
- The game will feature a multiplayer mode similar to that in LCS.
- New weather effects including hurricanes
- Less "A-B" missions, more unique style of gameplay
- New water effects, shower the streets with spray from your jetski.
- Vice City's radio stations will return with new songs
- New loading system which means only slight pauses before missions
- Improved draw distances (again) - better than other titles.
- Increased density of pedestrians, foliage, cars and objects
- Less "clumping" (where groups of the same model would appear together)
- There's a new theme park on Ocean Beach - it includes the "Chunder Wheel" - a large ferris wheel which you can ride on in first person view!
- Trip Skips return, this is where a taxi appears after you die and can take you back to the start of the mission you were attempting.
- Character and Vehicle Customization
- Wall Climbing
- Seamless integration of interior and exterior areas (as seen in LCS) will no longer be in VCS
Thanks to Jar-Jar at GTAForums for getting this info to us