Veterans

Gerard

Now we finally have an honour for The GTA Place's oldest and wisest members - the Veterans.

The Staff have selected 13 members who have been here the longest, posted the most and understand these forums more than any others to be Veterans.

Veterans have certain privileges on the forums such as being able to remove the "edited by" line when editing a post, and being able to change their vote in polls. They also have lighter restrictions on things like flooding and search limits, and greater PM and upload storage limits, and the ability to delete their own posts.

Veteran status is NOT a job - we have issued these privileges on the basis that these members are ones we can trust and rely upon, and it is intended to make their life easier.

This group will be the first place we look for gang leaders and new forum moderators. They will also be consulted on important issues, and help decide some things we do on the forums.

So congratulations to: Mother Theresa, Caitaiko, tommy vercetti guy, Slayer, biggamer132, Slavik Von Stockholm, Bryzed, Genocide, aemboy15, Oscar, crazychicken17, smallpancake and Chrisman.

If you want to be a Veteran, you simply have to be active on the forums for a few months, and if you have been a leading member of the community, contributed a lot, and not done anything too stupid, then we might make you a veteran when we do the next intake. There are certain criteria that have to be fulfiled before we can make anybody a veteran, so don't be disappointed if you aren't one straightaway. Gerard and Chris have the final say in any individual case.

We will add to this group in the near future, yet we don't expect to have to remove anybody unless they actually do something wrong.

Hope this gives our new and recent members something to look up to. :)

We've decided not to enforce that, simply because there aren't that many members who've been here ages, have loads of posts and still come on here regularly. Most of the ones that do are staff.

So we've had to keep the Veteran criteria fairly loose, and we've decided that (for now), once a veteran, always a veteran. That is unless you do something bad like spam/hack/die.

yeah I been here since 2003 but only I didn't register until 2004 but then I lay low for a while, then I registered again in 2006 and posted

so does that make me a veteran?

Edited by Neto

sinsce I've only joined a few months ago I'l never become a veteran, *sig*. owel

buy the way, hasn't mother teresa left the forums? and wy did he anyway?

sinsce I've only joined a few months ago I'l never become a veteran, *sig*. owel

buy the way, hasn't mother teresa left the forums? and wy did he anyway?