GTA4 graphics and physics?

tilly

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphics are gona progress naturally, if its anythin like the Table Tennis title I deffo wont be complaining. Id like it to have the same feel as Shenmue if anyone understands where Im comin from, probably not.

I just hope it doesnt follow the same path as 'Gangs of London' put it that way

John Carmack, a well respected programmer, has stated in the August 2006 issue of Computer Power User that high end computers are now at least twice as fast as the PlayStation 3. To quote the article exactly:

Q: What do you think about graphics quality on today's game consoles?

JC: The PlayStation 3 hype blows these things way out of proportion. You can buy a PC that is now two times as powerful. It will cost you more, but the resolution will be better on the PC.

@ tilly

I repeat this for the 1000th time: Just because blu-ray has big capacity doesn't mean that all of it will be used. Yes, R* will definetely use more space than SA did, mostly becasue of the new standards that RAGE engine brings. But I could bank that GTA4 will not use more than 25% of it's space. That would be about 12GB, meaning the game will be about 2,5 times bigger than SA. You do understand that you can't lock up people and ask them to program 24/7, that they want to go home sometimes?

@ Bryant66

I don't think you have to introduce John Carmack... Yes, imo, consoles will last for some time, mostly because some people are either sceptical about PC's or they simply can't afford a medium-hi end PC. But PC will push them out eventualy. I can give you an example from my life. I have a computer for 10 years now (not the one ten years ago, foo :P) and as that, I'm the exception. When I got to school 2 years later, I bought a completely new comp. Still, at that time, only one guy from my class had a comp, besides me. everybody had consoles (I mean, when you're 7 you can't do much things). Now, about 2-3 years ago, suddeny everybody has PC's, not many people have consoles. That's because consoles like PS2 got old and computers made a constant progress, and they still are. Of course, mostly they're a bunch of n00bs that have never heard of things like Windows Explorer or WinZip, but still, they've realised the possibilities of a PC among consoles.

To cut the story: People are aware that consoles are far behind PC's in the terms of possibilities and preformance. Speaking to those n00bs about some next gen console would be equal to tell you the mission brief and put you in the miltary jet and tell you to accomplish the given tasks. Simply, now that people are aware of the possibilities of the PC, they don't need consoles any more. There will be more and more PC's and less and less conoles sonce people wouldn't need them anymore as much as they had befoe, when PC's were something exclusive.

I'd assume pretty cheap. If you wanted one, that would be the time to get one.

hay. bluray, 54 gb. thats not just a nothing. and yes i agree but ps3 will super pwn. its a game console not a commercial computer. if you dont like the term supercomputer, we can say super super game console. xD does that work??

Er......... Bluray disks are 25GB disks..... Not 54...... Not sure where you got that number from....

Sound quality should be improved, like you all said. Try watching action movies like Running Scared or Miami Vice. The sounds should be like on those movies. Makes you feel you're firing a real weapon. With near-far sound effects different with each other. Firing guns in GTA is like blowing pea shooters, unless you max the volumes out (which is not realistic, still).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i would like the car dirt and dust models sortof like CMR 07 because if you see the pics, you can see how insane they look.

or a mix of that and colin mcrae:dirt racing game.

and face graphics like this http://www.eurogamer.net/assets/articles/a...?slideshow=true

and body graphics like this http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59116

Edited by tilly