GTA4 graphics and physics?

tilly

I want to know what kind of grapphics and physics you want for gta4, like new style or from another game.

i think the refletctions should be like the reflections from the new FEAR that comes out. its not too shiny on the people but the reflections are perfectly done on shiny things.

the car graphics should be like nfs carbon

the people graphics should be.... like the RAGE system like on R* pingpong, just alot more detailed because ps3 will be able to hole INFINATE memory, and also have the peds just as detailed as you and the main characters.

also the gun physics and damage should be like the new battlefield coming out in a while, mixed with the new fear, being able to totally gib a bunch of people with a bomb, but make it more detailed with actual ripped off body parts and burns. also when you shoot somone in the stomache with a strong weapon they get ripped on half and do a bunch of flips.

and car physics from the new midnight club thats coming out.

thats what i want. post your ideas dor R*. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh...I want the car Physics and handling to be like Gan Turismo 4...reflection maps should be handled by Dosch Textures...those guys made the reflections In GT4 for the cars...player models should be a lot more detailed...and 512x512 textures (or higher) would be nice...-_- No stupid one position deaths....that looks stupid, like when you shoot someone or kill them, they always die in the same position...it looks retarded, different ped animation for god's sake...it seems like they're always going in the same direction or doing the same things...CLEANER TEXTURES!!!!!!!!! geez...R* doesnt listen, SA had some nice textures but, they were still very hard to understand for the editors sometimes...including myself. No piece of shit mistakes like the Hot Coffee Mod...that's basically my small wishlist which shoudl take R*........6 months to do or so.

make R* stick with the RAGE thing. and they dont gotta hesitate to go a little overload. they can go SOOOO overload! gta is gonna be so tight! they need to put every last speck of detail. they gotta make gta soooo realistic that u wud think ur wachin a non-animated movie! ps3 can handle anything they cudnt fit in san andreas.

And good euphoria (i know it would take forever and it would also take a lot of skill, and it would be just hard) ragdoll physics. and add death seqences and moves to the ragdoll physics. if you dont know what euphoria is, its pretty much reaction to the environment, like if somone pushed you over, you would be trying to stop yourself or would put your arms out to cusion your fall. like that i mean good raeactive ragdolls.

I think physics should be better than the one in Battlefield series. They suck. The physics should be as good as in Half-Life 2.

Graphics? Take a look at a game called 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay' in the PC Version. That's how I want the graphics should be like.

make R* stick with the RAGE thing. and they dont gotta hesitate to go a little overload. they can go SOOOO overload! gta is gonna be so tight! they need to put every last speck of detail. they gotta make gta soooo realistic that u wud think ur wachin a non-animated movie! ps3 can handle anything they cudnt fit in san andreas.

how about we send this message to rockstar as some incouragement!!! :yup:

sorry for double posting but i gotta say that ther should be better people reflections. lke actual shininess on ppl and not just... ppl whos skin look like a model with a skin in it. like the color changes constantly, like a suntan sumtimes if ur outa alot, interactive bullet holes and clothes. liek that.

if u ever need to add something to ur post, instead of double posting, edit the first one and add everything u need.

and if u want u can send that. but they wud just put it in thier collection of comments that are just like that.

i think that they shud put shine on people who are jogging, exersizing in the gym, running away, or put it on everybody if its hot out. yno in vice city when u face a wall and jump into it, you act as if u hit ur head. they shud make u do that whenever u run and walk into a wall. and if u run into it hard enough, fall down will alittle bit of health removed. but u just cant fall. u gotta look like u ran into a wall. and wen ur running and u turn sharply, u kinda skid the ground like u do when u run fast and stop. and if u jump off of a high ledge like a 2 story roof, dont just get up and walk away. kinda limp around like u broke a leg. when u get out of water, leave puddles aound, your cloths are alittle bit darker, if u have a hair style then its just flat and wet, people react to u differently, (if u walked into a store soaking wet, people wudnt treat u the same wud they?) when u step u hear a squishing noise like wet shoes, maybe if the water is cold u shiver.

no two people shud be the same. they shud triple the peds. each ped skin shud have like 5 different voices, 10 different pants, 10 different torsos, 10 different acsessorys, 10 different hairstyles, and 5 different personalitys. (eg. when u punch a ped do they fight back or do they run) and all these shud be randomly scrambled.

people shud not have that puddle of blood when they die unless they where killed by something that wud make u bleed. like if u get shot u bleed but if u get hit by a car u dont bleed (in some cases)

and if u killed someone, they wud look so normal. (exept for the puddle of blood) they need to add bruises, cuts, scars, blood stains, black eyes, welts, ect. and in some cases cut off limbs and heads and even cut-in-half chests.

well thats all i can think of for now.

btw i forgot. wuts ragdoll physics?

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

rag doll physics is when instead of having a death sequence, ur body turns into a freefall "ragdoll" and turn limp and fall to the ground or roll over or do backflips down a building. like in SA if you fell off of a spiked building and died by hitting part of it. you would have a death sequence and then stay perfectly flat the whole fall even when you hit a building. and if you have ragdoll, they will react to wuts happening. like if they fall off of a bulding they will do flips and wail their arms around (depending on wut degree they are falling compared to there body angle) and if they hit a bulding they would do just what a person would do, do a bunch of rolls and probably bounce off. but euphoria is just a great upgrade for ragdoll that really reacts to the environment. in regular ragdoll. they act like they have no mind while falling. they just fall and wont make any muscle movements. just environmental movements.in euphoria he would try to grab onto things or cusion his fall with his hands (and succeed or just break his wrists) and actually have a brain to react with, like muscle movements that are smart that could make him land rightside up. to sum it up,

death sequences are supposed to be real if there was no environment. and if everyone died the same. ragdoll would be realistic if we all blacked out the instant we fell or got shot. euphoria gives u real brain controlled reactions to the environment(ec. once they got shot they would feel there wound then start turning to ragdoll, then cathing themselves before the ground.)

and to add to this wishlist, i want to be able to dismember, gib, and break bones, on people. like if you jumped off of a 2 story roof, ur leg would bend back, then you would hit it back into place (dont recomend this in RL) then start limping then running(i know not realistic but could be a start, and wouldnt be too anoying), also if somone falls in euphoria mode and trys to catch themselves they could break there arm and it would be all bent out of shape. and if you grenade somone they would be realisticly gibbed, not the gib crap that was on fear where you would instantly be turned into chunks of meat from a 12 gauge, but realistic stuff like if you fell from a roof your legs would crush and then turn into chunks of obvious leg,not just mean, and if you landed on you head, your head would crush and your upper torso would be broken open. and if you grenaded someon they wouldnt instantly explode either, they would actually fall apart and fly though the air. and if you sliced somone then there hands arms legs heads feet torso would actually dismember properly and realisticly, and if you shot somones limb with a powerfull gun, there limbs would shred and rip then come off. wut im really trying to say is, NO INSTANT MEATING!

Edited by tilly

Oh yeah, lightning effects should be gotten from the DoomIII engine, reflections can be acquired by copying at what EA's doing with Need For Speed Most Wanted (including the overbright features), sounds should be like in the game Medal of Honor because it blew my head off when I fired my BAR rifle at a company of German SS.

That is all, my fellow TGTAP members (Are you a member? If not, register now!)

no. the reflections should be from nfs carbon, there way better. and there should be real life shaders, like soft shading and anastropic anti aliasing to make it look real. also there should be very hi resolution muzzle flashes, that are 3d and more realistic.... not so round. and also better gun textures, that you can interact with(scratch, shoot, break, paint, etc.) and there should be more interactive environmental physics, like being able to jump and hold onto things, and also shoot and break off walls ans stuff like in matrix:path of neo had for the lobby of the business building that had all of the pillars but more 3d like. no bullet holes like in fear that were all giant, unreaslistic, and allll the same for every weapon.

oh and sounds that match the environment that your in. like a gun will sound different if your in a room apposed to ip you are in the wild open. and when i heard my freind get shot, it didnt make a gushing sound, it made more of a *psheu!!!* sound, and it was also 3d too.

fall off a high bulding, you should splatter on the ground and blood wold splatter eveywhere and your bones would be showing

thats what gibbing is. but i want it to be more realistic. more breaking bones and ripping body parts and crushed muscles and less

I dont care wat the graphics look like, cus im pretty sure their gonna be good enough.... the only thing i want, is less of that damn thing where it got really dark behind a mountain and u couldnt even see ure damn car, or the car coming from the other direction, bcus it was SSOOOOOO damn dark....and thats all i want

yeah. make it more realistic then just popping the bumper and bouncing back while going 200 mph+ in a 2 door. in real life, you wouldnt even be found in the debris. they should make the crash physics like the new burnout coming out on ps3. that would roxorsss.!

there should be better animations for helecopter blades and wierd stuff like that, and a REAL 3D environment with 3d tree branches and bushes and grass. and i want the people to have the right colors and shading for them to look like real people, like if yu look out your window and see somone walking outside, and you look at gta4 and look at somone walking, there would be no textural, model, graphical, or shading diffs. there should also be 3d moving clouds like in VC, not the ones that just looked like you were in a bunch of fog and there were wierd spikes that were grey in fron of u. and a better atmosphere that looks really really real, with the correct lighting for its times.

when i first rented gta sa i thought it was the most realistic game ever but yet it isn't

and i couldn't even tell the differense between a blade and a savvana

i do think the damage graphics could improve a little

like on burnout 3 in road rage

but not just one hit and your car is totaled that would take alot of fun out of the game

i

Edited by Strike9

certanly the damage must change, and bigga expolosions if carz go boom.

and for the pc folks... not every1 has a xps 600 renegade you know...