The Six Year Theory

I have a theory, that you can tell when the game will be set (probably), here it is below:

GTA Vice City was set in 1986, and six years later it is 1992, which is GTA San Andreas, add six years onto that, and you will get 1998, which is Liberty City Stories, and add six years it is almost present day GTA 3.

Coincidence? Maybe this idea is silly.

So, will it be 1980, 1974, or even 2010! My guess is 1974.

I have a theory, that you can tell when the game will be set (probably), here it is below:

GTA Vice City was set in 1986, and six years later it is 1992, which is GTA San Andreas, add six years onto that, and you will get 1998, which is Liberty City Stories, and add six years it is almost present day GTA 3.

Coincidence? Maybe this idea is silly.

So, will it be 1980, 1974, or even 2010! My guess is 1974.

Just asking but how did you get 1974 since no GTA game is set in 1980 or 1968. I understand with 80' and 10' (not 2010 that much since GTA3 is set somewhere in 2000-2002 or something like that) but if we follow your theory it would be mean that there would have to be a game 6 years before or after 1974 so VCS would be set in it. Cool theory by the way. I think you are pretty close to R*'s way of setting which years the GTA games would be set in.

i personally want it to be 2000 and up. i dont like being stuck back in the 70s they sucked. now we have so much cool stuff and cool cars and more things to do. no oldies.

So you didn't like playing VC and SA? It was cool playing in the past and exploring the different cultures and fashions of that era. It was fun playing in the '80s and '90s but I agree that it would be cool if VCS will be set set close to the present like somewhere 2000+

Edited by ArturKim21

So you didn't like playing VC and SA? It was cool playing in the past and exploring the different cultures and fashions of that era. It was fun playing in the '80s and '90s but I agree that it would be cool if VCS will be set set close to the present like somewhere 2000+

I'd like it to be based in....1989-1991.

I always thought we never got a definite year on GTAIII

Does it say it was 2001 on the back of the box like it did with Vice City and San Andreas?

When you think about it, GTA 3 could be set at any time from when it was released because it is a fictional city anyway. It doesn't say for definite that it was set in 2001.

This is my friends 3 year theory

VC - 1986

VCS - 1989

SA - 1992

SAS - 1995 <<<<San An Stories or something like it

LCS - 1998

GTA III - 2001

it fits so far....I also got things to back up why VCS would be in 1989...at least why it would be after 1986...people say it'll be before 86 cause LCS was based before our last visit to LC in GTA III...THATS THE MOST STUPID REASON EVER.

it fits so far....I also got things to back up why VCS would be in 1989...at least why it would be after 1986...people say it'll be before 86 cause LCS was based before our last visit to LC in GTA III...THATS THE MOST STUPID REASON EVER.

It might happen, but since LCS was the first PSP GTA game we are not sure if R* set a pattern or it was just a random thing. So until we find out when VCS is going to be set in we can never be too sure. It is not a stupid reason, it is just what they think because they might think R* is going to do this with all the future PSP GTA games (if there are going to be more because SA is too big for the PSP to handle and it would be kind of boring only stuck in one city and being tempted to go to the otehrs but you cannot). Pretty good theory over there but we will have to wait and see until VCS is release.