• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:29 AM

Those of you using the new skin may have noticed a new link appearing in the header for the Gangs System. Yes, that does mean I've finally got round to upgrading it!

It's a bit of a long process, mainly because I made it for IPB1.3, didn't upgrade it for 2.0, and now we're on 2.1 (2.2 now), so as you can imagine a lot of code has changed since then, so I'm basically bringing all the fundamental stuff up to date. Then making everything work as original, then finally making needed upgrades.

NOTE: I'm only testing this on the new skin at the moment. Please don't say you don't see a link when you're using a different skin... -_-
Feel free to ask questions, post suggestions, or anything relating to the modification in this topic.

USEFUL LINKS: FAQ Topic :: Gang Rules :: Feature Suggestions :: Bug Reports

PROGRESS REPORT
Key:
Green = Done
Orange = Requires fixes / Not working properly / Not yet fully functional
Red = Not started

Gang Don
Create gang
Accept/Reject applications
Kick Member
Edit Member Position
Edit gang details
Specify gang turf
Specify gang clothing
Specify link to gang recruitment topic
Specify link to gang chat topic
Change password to private gang forum (if available)
Upload gang logo

User
Apply to gang
Leave gang

Attacking Process
Attack members
Use weapon
Use vehicle
Use army
Use property
Use health/armor

General
View gangs
View gang information
View a gangs inventory
Log item usage
View logs paginated
Allow gang members to view their private forum password when viewing their own gangs info

Attack Instigation
Ability to attack members when there isn't actually a gang war
Killing a member adds to your kill count
Dying adds to your death count
Receive PM when someone attacks you
PM Don when 3(?) or more members of his gang are attacked
Allow two gangs to engage in a war when above happens - other gangs can't attack(?)

#2 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:13 PM

Alright, sweet ass.

Time for me to run the Gangs again. :D

I know it got a bit iffy around that area when the new gangs started popping up...... But the Vets of this place will run it once more. DS FTW.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#3 Dave1

Dave1

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,041 posts
  • United States 

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:36 PM

Sweetness.. I can't wait for the gang system to be 100% ^.^

P.S Spaz can I stay in D.s ?

Edited by Crimson, 13 June 2006 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:23 AM

Ok I think I've got all of it converted to 2.1 code. Havent actually tested any things out though.

#5 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

Sweet!. Crimson we should try get the Sindaccos up and runnning again.

#6 Slavik Von Stockholm

Slavik Von Stockholm

STFUPPERCUT!

• Elite Members
  • 810 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

Fantastic. I've been waiting for this for a long while, and I hope it increases activity a bit.

I might restart the ARR, or create a new gang with an idea I've been tossing about for a while now. Depends how things look to me.

Hope you get everything added and fixed, for it sure sounds great.

#7 888ball

888ball

Assassin

• Elite Members
  • 744 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

I know it got a bit iffy around that area when the new gangs started popping up...... But the Vets of this place will run it once more. DS FTW.

DS4LYFEYO!!!!

Its great to see this back, this place is really on the up again. I really should pay more attention to the forums again... :ph34r:

#8 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:30 PM

That would be good yeah.

Hopefully some more people can provide some input as to what goes into this gangs system. It needs to be awesome.

#9 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

So yeah, it seems the system is gonna be a hit again.

And this is probably a fitting time for us to reach a grand (official) total of 60,000 posts on these forums. Counting began since this installation of the forums in February 2004.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#10 Steven

Steven

E-1337

• Elite Members
  • 581 posts
  • United States 

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:08 AM

:D
Sweet.

O chris if you haven't noticed , you can't leave gangs or vreate them. Might be some bugs u got to fix, but, just letting you know. ;)

Posted Image

#11 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:33 PM

:D
Sweet.

O chris if you haven't noticed , you can't leave gangs or vreate them. Might be some bugs u got to fix, but, just letting you know. ;)

Oops missed the table prefix. Those pages should be fixed now.

#12 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

I cant find the Gangs System, only Gang (Beta)
Posted Image

#13 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:46 PM

That is the gang system, except it isn't complete yet. When we've finished coding it and then finished testing it, it will be available for use by everybody.

You can access it, but things won't all work yet.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#14 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:48 PM

ok, cant wait for the gang system to finish
Posted Image

#15 joshua

joshua

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

ok this has nothing to do with what your talking about but does those downloads work for the ps2 version of gta san andreas?

#16 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:42 PM

If it has nothing to do with what we're talking about, why exactly are you going to post it in here? This wasn't even the last active topic, so you pretty much picked a topic at random.

And why would the downloads work with the PS2 version?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#17 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:15 PM

Ugh...too many people asking about modding the PS2 version of the game. A sticky is needed here.

On topic, it appears most of the gang features are done except for a few minor don powers. Now we just have to wait for that damn IBStore. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#18 K_P

K_P

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  •    England 

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

So how far from completing this new gang system are you guys?
Are you going to be able to have turf for each gang?

Posted Image

#19 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:00 AM

So how far from completing this new gang system are you guys?
Are you going to be able to have turf for each gang?

Yes, each gang does own certain properties and such.

Posted Image

lolz

#20 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:55 AM

After some time reviewing the flaws of the inaugural gang war last year, I've decided that the following changes would be useful for improved working of everything.
  • Gangs with less than 5 members would have the option of opting out of a gang war due to their lack of strength. i.e. those gangs with 5 or more members would automatically be involved in a war, those with 4 or less would be able to choose whether they want to or not.
  • Remove the 10 properties that gangs receive upon creating their gang through the gang system. This would be replaced by properties being added to the store. This gives gangs with more money the oppurtunity to grow a bigger turf area. Smaller gangs would have the incentive to post more, i.e earn more points, to be able to compete, thus creating a more active gang scene altogether
  • We never had any use for vehicles last year. And after much thought, and no feasible use, I came up with the following: As you know, you can have a max 400HP, thats 200 health, 200 armor. However, buying a vehicle, then 'using' it would place you 'inside' the vehicle. You would then increase your HP by a large amount depending on the strength of the car. Thus increasing your chances of survival during the war.
  • Outside of wars; gangs with 10 or more members are rewarded with 'official' status. This allows gangs to create their own passworded forum. A luxury which would enable them to privately discuss 'tactics' and other such organisational skills, for example, organising your gang into separate little teams, perhaps based on what timezone they're in, so that they can team up and attack a single gang, or perhaps you just want to go all guns blazing attacking any random gangs...
  • Remove the cost for forming a gang, as it is a bit unrealistic, and with the new pricing of items and stuff, it's a bit unneccessary. Other restrictions are also up for discussion.
I've made this topic since IBStore is nearing completion apparently, so that will all be working again. I understand you all want to see big improvements with the gangs, so those above are some I've suggested.

Please discuss these or any other ideas you may have yourself so we can try and make the system as a whole a lot better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users