World Cup 2006 Thread

Chris

Woo England just won their first game 1-0 against Paraguay, crappy second half though, we were lucky to hold on to the lead.

Oh and that Mexican referee was awful, weird decisions for both teams, complete twat of a bloke.

Anyway who else is following the football, I guess most people here come from a country who is actually in the World Cup :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't understand that rule, they did it in the other matches too. Ok the ref's were told to be more strict this year but not allowing water? That's a serious health concern for a pro footballer in that heat. Dehydration could be a major problem, especially with teams not used to playing in heat.

Anyway that Trinidad & Tobago vs. Sweden match was amazing, I'm so pleased for T & T :)

Saw bits of it on the big screen at thorpe park. Admitedly Paraguay were playing pretty much nothing but their midfield but it should have been a better result. Really need a better performance in the rest of the world cup

Well, I'm from Canada and I've been watching the World Cup since 2002. Anyway, I feel that Sweden and Brazil are the strongest teams this year and I predict that they will face off against each other in the World Cup finals. My stepdaddy is cheering on England, though, and he is really hardcore about his soccer.

Sweden!? They aren't good, they couldn't even beat T&T!

Brazil is playing against Australia today and Croatia tomorrow! Not sure about the Japan.

What the hell? No they aren't, no team would ever play 2 games in 2 days it's impossible. "the Japan", it's not a noun, lol, it's a country, just Japan

A lil score:

Poland: 0, England: 2.

I got well happy.

How many years ago was this? A little irrelevant no?

Guys c'mon if you're gonna talk about football at least show some interest instead of semmingly guessing which countries are good and talking about matches from decades ago.

Did anyone watch Australia v Japan today? That was an amazing match, can't believe Australia managed to come back from that.

Lol ok.

Nice win for the Czech Republic earlier, 3-0 over the USA.

Before the game in England the pundits were saying "You can't laugh at the USA anymore, they're a good team now".

WTF? The USA still have a crap team, the rest of the football world still laugh at their attempts...

At the moment I'm hoping Ghana can cause an upset by beating Italy, now that would be hilarious :P