Reskinned Forums

Chris

After a few years of using various skins on our forums, we decided it was finally time to make them match the site. And now they finally do. Most of you will probably be more interested in the football World Cup at the moment, but if you aren't already a member of our forums, I would definitely recommend you joining.

We have a great community there, after a period of relative inactiveness in the past we're now fully active with many more returning members. I guarantee you'll enjoy it here.

At the moment we only have the default website skin on the forums, but soon I'll be making different colourisations for all the other GTA games' themes.

If you notice any bugs in the skin, or have a small change to suggest, please just comment on this news and I'll see to it.

LINKS:

Our forums

Join for free

Here goes

• There is not enough difference between new+nonew forum/topic icons
  • Although I like dark sites, the colours contrast too much here
  • There is only like 2px padding on body, so everything is stuck right to the edge
  • In the header, there are two loads of ads and a couple of unused lines, meaning loads of wasted space
  • All the wasted space sucks for people on resolutions smaller than 2048x1024, which most people are not (including me, 1024x768)
  • Bearing in mind I have 768px of screen height, minus the taskbar, minus Firefox's window, minus other toolbars and extentions, probably 500-600px left
  • There is an entire screen of wasted space below the bottom of the forums with the adverts, copyright and everything.
  • I am completley sick of alternating post colours, which make it impossible to blend a signature in.
  • What fonts are posts in, Arial? Looks too compressed to me. Small is good so long as you're using verdana.
  • Header is a bit too cluttered, should be simpler
  • Still no group icons, but you have made the left half of renderrow neat
  • Arcade isn't fully integrated, with some text not visible
  • And I like how you've completely removed all the links to my sites :P
  • Blue links against dark background can't be seen unless bold (like the nav) for example the copyright links

Nah, pricedown should only be used where the words "grand theft auto" or "GTA" are used, not absolutely everywhere on a site just because its about GTA. It's fine for the logo, but we need just something cool for the group icons.

And good job on the changes - here's an updated list.

• There is not enough difference between new+nonew forum/topic icons
  • All the wasted space sucks for people on resolutions smaller than 2048x1024, which most people are not (including me, 1024x768). Bearing in mind I have 768px of screen height, minus the taskbar, minus Firefox's window, minus other toolbars and extentions, probably 500-600px left
  • Still no group icons, but you have made the left half of renderrow neat

It's nice, but to be critical :P i'll just say the group icons don't really fit :P

BTW, can I change my skin from Orangegreey? Because there's no control panel button, noskin changer at the bottom, and my hand slipped to the skin and now it's stuck :(

It's nice, but to be critical :P i'll just say the group icons don't really fit :P

BTW, can I change my skin from Orangegreey? Because there's no control panel button, noskin changer at the bottom, and my hand slipped to the skin and now it's stuck :(

Yeah me too

Yeah well those skins are unsupported now, because all the skin files have different language things that they use and stuff like that. Anyway I added the board footer bit to them so the skin selector now appears at the bottom so you can change to another skin.

Group icons will be changed when I have some time. Anyone got any ideas on what they should look like?