so what do you think of the ps2 version

ive only seen like a few minutes of the psp version of lcs so when i bought the game on june 6 i was pretty happy with it the missions are a little easy the musics alright and their are now motorcycles in liberty city MOTORYCYCLES IN LC that it is awesome some of the new vehicles are pretty cool especially the hellenbach gt i love how they changed the looks on some of the cars especially the landstalker and manana anyway this game is pretty sweet and when i get a psp it will probably be the first game i get for that

Bad. First of all, there is nothing new from the PSP version. Graphics- crap. Those graphics were hot on the PSP because the PSP isnt as powerful as the PS2, but when the graphics are on PS2, its shit. Sound - crap. Not the sound effects, those are fine, but the soundtrack, holy shit. Firstly, there are like 4 or 5 songs on each station, while the regular GTA had like 7-10 songs. Gameplay wise, its just like GTA, but it is missing some of the stuff from SA, also, a lot of the better things are gone. For example, you cant climb up walls, you cant swim, you cant crouch, you cant do any of the GTA upgrades.

If you dont want to read all of that, all I wanted to say was R* should have not been so lazy and added more elements to the PS2 version as its on PS2, LCS is crap compared to modern PS2 games.

Edited by tommy vercetti guy

It also only costs less than half the price that San Andreas did. It's really just GTA III. I played the first mission (where you have to go to Atlantic Quays) and I thought it was pretty good for GTA. But, the graphics are lacking from San Andreas ... but still, can't beat the price.

LCS for the PS2 was released because there were many people who wanted to play the game, but couldn't afford a PSP (Or just couldn't be bothered), either way, I think Rockstar have made a brave move, and have been considerate for their consumers

Im going to buy lcs on ps2 very shortly because, not just for the fact that i don't have nor can't afford a psp, but because it looks the same for both ps2 and psp (no graphics difference) :mellow:

ill aggree w/ tommy vercetti up there when i judge it for myself :pissedred:

other than that are the cheats for the psp version the same for ps2 no r&l2s to press? :whistle:

yeah but a lot of people didnt buy a psp cuz its more than a ps2 and why would you pay more for a psp when you can get a ps2 for a $100 cheaper and play literally thousands of ps1 and ps2 games instead of the 100 something psp games

Edited by deadmanjeff

I wanna play LCS but I don't have a PSP or PS2 but I have an Xbox. Does anyone know if R* is going to make an Xbox version? Even if they are, it's probably going to come out a couple of months later like all the other GTA Xbox versions. I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Edited by ArturKim21

Is it worth getting LCS on PS2? I've heard that it is exactly the same as GTA 3 and I'm not sure if I want to buy it.

No its really not. Totally new storyline, bikes, helicopters, better graphics... If you have it on PSP, dont buy it, but otherwise, its probably worth it.

• 2 months later...
Is it worth getting LCS on PS2? I've heard that it is exactly the same as GTA 3 and I'm not sure if I want to buy it.

No, for some f***ing reason, just because you play in the same city you're playing GTA3 again.

And to above poster, the reason its cheap is because it wasnt that good since a lot of the things from SA wasnt there.