#21 .Spongerob.

.Spongerob.

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

Hi,

I have SA V2 but used the downgrader from slayers sig and installed a mod exetly how it was told in the readme (it's an mod from JVT) halfway the loading screen i get an error message but i don't know what it says because the GTA screen is over it does anyone knows how to fix this :pissedred: :pissedred:
Why are you looking here? my post is above

#22 sike

sike

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

how do you check if u have version 1 or 2 of the game.

#23 vincister

vincister

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

referring to that you said about changing the main.scm and that all savegames won't work anymore

Well I did, I didn't know of this, but I figured out myself that if I change a vehicle in one mission it will be much easier to do (I know sounds like a cheat, but I was really stuck). Enough of this, I wanted to say that all the savegames was function properly, I didn't noticed any glitches or bugs.

EDIT: Now I noticed that if I ADD some lines to script then it really becames unuseable by previous savegames(I can play but I wont see any difference :cry: ) but If I start a new game, then it(the my modification) will be working.

So isn't there any way to add new stuff, but still be able to use with previous savegames???

Edited by vincister, 11 November 2006 - 09:37 PM.

#24 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:45 AM

BUMP - lets see if we can finish this thing off - its still useful.

referring to that you said about changing the main.scm and that all savegames won't work anymore

Well I did, I didn't know of this, but I figured out myself that if I change a vehicle in one mission it will be much easier to do (I know sounds like a cheat, but I was really stuck). Enough of this, I wanted to say that all the savegames was function properly, I didn't noticed any glitches or bugs.

EDIT: Now I noticed that if I ADD some lines to script then it really becames unuseable by previous savegames(I can play but I wont see any difference :cry: ) but If I start a new game, then it(the my modification) will be working.
So isn't there any way to add new stuff, but still be able to use with previous savegames???

Okay, so changing lines won't stop it working, but most main.scm script mods are pretty heavy - eg new missions - which is a lot more than simply changing words.

The idea behind it I suppose is that if you made totally new missions, an original-version savegame would be useless. Perhaps it is even to stop you using savegames from previous games (eg GTAVC)

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#25 GiiBz

GiiBz

Mr Miata

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

Maybe you could add a tutorial on how to install buildingS?

Edited by X GTA X, 04 February 2007 - 10:20 AM.

tjp.gif

#26 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:57 AM

No help will be given on how to downgrade, work it out yourself ;) . Sorry.

#27 GiiBz

GiiBz

Mr Miata

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

Gerard can you do a tutorial on how to install buildings and other mods like trains?!

tjp.gif

#28 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:06 AM

It would be done the same way as how you install vehicles. ;)

#29 GiiBz

GiiBz

Mr Miata

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

kk. Also what do i do if i've followed the tutorial and it still doesnt work

tjp.gif

#30 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

Then you post the mod. And I DO give help for V2 modding. It's not against forum rules or something.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#31 kf7strng

kf7strng

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:28 AM

OK, first I'd like to say hello to everyone, as I am new to the forum. Second, i am interested in modding my ps2 version of San Andreas. It is v1, and i have the independence exploit installed to my memory card. I HAVE read some of the other posts, and thay all claim that modding the ps2 version is as easy as changing the files you want, and then burning another dvd. Now, the other posts i have read say that you need a mod chip. however, i do not have a mod chip, nor a hard drive installed in my ps2. i was just using iso buster to extract the files, then changing them to what I want.(I had made some changes to the GTA3.img file, but when my backups refused to boot, i removed THAT mod). I have made changes to the following files:
-peds.ide
-shopping.dat
-loadscs.txd

I then used iso buster (and the ORIGINAL pressed disc) as well as the $ony cd-dvd generator (2.0) and then arranged the files in order according to LBA.(AFTER specifying the disc specs in the volume pane) The settings i used in the generator were : (under Master disc)
Disc Name:SLUS-20496
Producer Name:PLAYSTATION
Copyright Holder:PLAYSTATION
License Area:AMERICA (as per the "SLUS" spec)

Under Volume Identifier
Volume:SAN_ANDREAS
Volume Set:(I leave it blank)
Publisher:PLAYSTATION
Data Preparer:(blank)
Application:PLAYSTATION(greyed out, cannot be changed)
Creation Date:whatever day I open the program.

Ok. Now, I can send a list of LBAS for people, but , for simplicity, system.cnf starts @651, and PAD. is @2171536. Now, I export the .iml file, (I called it gtasa.iml) and then I used Gneis iml2iso, and once that is completed, I open the newly created ISO in ISOBuster, and ISOBuster then tells me that I have unreadable sectors. Under ISO, MODELS folder:gta3_1.img. Under ISO,AUDIO folder:PAD.Under UDF:MODELS Folder:GTA3_1.img, Under the AUDIO Folder:PAD. under SFX:feeto2,genrl02,pain_A02,Script02. Under STREAMS:co.pak

Sorry for the long post, as it is my first, but i have made 13, yes...13! dvd coasters, HOWEVER..I HAVE successfully made 1 fully functional copy of the game, WITHOUT any mods. So..can someone PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong?

#32 Jaymie

Jaymie

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

That guide gave me a lot of help, thanks!!
Posted Image
Under Development

#33 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

Maybe you could add a tutorial on how to install buildingS?

Gerard can you do a tutorial on how to install buildings and other mods like trains?!

Most building mods are simply textures - so you do it a bit like cars. You open gta3.img with IMG Tool, and replace some .txd files (textures) with the ones given to you in the mod (they'll have the same names). If the mod comes with some .dff files, do the same with them. Any big map mods will have to start editing the map files, which should be detailed in the README that comes with the mod.

Trains should be exactly the same as other vehicles (with the engine and carriages separate), but remember that they always live on the tracks, so you can't spawn trains in front of you (using cheats or a trainer) or the game will crash.

No help will be given on how to downgrade, work it out yourself ;) . Sorry.

Downgrading is fine, because it is for the purpose of modding the game, and doesn't directly compromise the game's security. Actually, we shouldn't give help for PS2 modding, because that requires the user to create "backup" copies of the game, which can easily be given to other people (which is piracy). For those people that want a free copy of the game, remember that we're the people paying for the next GTA, you are refusing to pay those people who are working on it. If you guys all paid like you were supposed to, maybe that game would be even better.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#34 GiiBz

GiiBz

Mr Miata

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:42 PM

You can spawn Trains in front of you without it crashing....
I used the Pawfect Films studios spawner and it works(the train just floats there lol <><)

<>< FISH

With manual mods can u change what vehicle they are for by changing the carcols and stuff
e.g carcols bullet 45,46 54,245 to turismo 45,46 54,245

and all the other files (handling, default, dff and txd). Or would the game not recognize?

Edited by Gerard, 28 April 2007 - 04:06 PM.

tjp.gif

#35 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

Whoops - sorry for not replying.

Yeah that is fine to do in most situations - if you download a mod for the Washington, you can just change the word "Washington" to "Admiral" and install it in the Admiral's slot instead. But if you try to copy a car that is very different (eg the Washington into the Coach slot) it won't fit right, because of the collision files (everything will still bump into the Coach, and the shadow will be the length of the coach, even though you can only see the Washington), but if you copy the col files (using a col editor) you can avoid that.

However there are exceptions - planes, boats and bikes are all different to cars, so there would probably be some problems trying to make a car into a boat.

Also, there is a certain number of cars/bikes/planes/boats, so you can't turn the washington into a plane just by copying the handling or anything. Likewise with sirens (flashing lights on emergency vehicles) - this can't be copied from one car to another - it is built in so that only the copcars/ambul/fire/swat/fbi/army vehicles can do that.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#36 Angry Gorilla

Angry Gorilla

y hello thar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  •    Wales 

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:53 AM

I too have recently purchased the second version, and i canot seem to install any kind of customized vehicles.nar could i use the CAMERA HACK. the only thing that worked for me was the MAP EDITOR. Somebody please reply.

Funny enough, Camera Hack and installing custom cars is a piece of cake, but I don't think I ever had a map editor on my computer. :D

Where did you download it from?
Posted Image

#37 Ryder Johnson

Ryder Johnson

Hustler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • United States 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

were do you get GTA3.img?

#38 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:08 AM

It's in the games models directory, in the installation folder.

#39 Chaz

Chaz

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:27 AM

O MY GOD HOLY SHIT SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME ON GETTING A SINGLE MOD INTO THIS GAME IM GOING INSANE, i have grand theft auto san andreas for PC and i have no idea wut to do the forums dont help and i have read this guide 3 times and i am still lost!!!!! ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!!, email me at [email protected] or my AIM instant messenger screenname is reesespuffs135 HELP ME

#40 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

Nobody is going to bother to add you. Anyway, just get a downgrader. Thread about it located in this forum.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users