SA Modding Guide

Gerard

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
You'll have to reinstall to get those files back. Nobody will host them on the internet since they're both huge (gig?) and it's illegal to do so.

Awww dang lol

Thats why I was asking

This game is kinda old...

SO I lost my disk...

:/ Thanks anyways

:whistle:

I try and system restore?

Idk Bhaha :lolbounce:

Ps. It did not work lol :unsure:

Lol i only need one not all of them just the one called "player.IMG" it's in the models file!

:) Thanks

Edited by TaylorRoxs3

• 4 weeks later...

ok i have problem...i don't know how to open img. file that has inside files that must be changed so that modern_army_mod v3.0 will work. this file is in: Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models its caled GTA3 and file PLAYER is img. file too and this file must be changed too and i don't know how to open them :bashhead: .

thank you

Edited by redkap

ok i have problem...i don't know how to open img. file that has inside files that must be changed so that modern_army_mod v3.0 will work. this file is in: Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models its caled GTA3 and file PLAYER is img. file too and this file must be changed too and i don't know how to open them :bashhead: .

thank you

Welcome to TGTAP redkap. :hi:

As for your question, you can't open .img files with Windows Explorer, you need a program for this.

You have several options here, but I recommend IMG Tool 2.0. It works perfectly and does it's job. ;)

• 1 month later...
hey im new at modding and i was wondering if some one could tell me how to find out how to tell if there version 1 or version 2

if you look on the disc (PC version) look almost in the center and it should say (enter version here) edition ;)

ummm im just wondering i used to have this game b4 sold it about 2 years ago and got it back today wheres the downgrade i dont know where the hell i got it b4 >.< ........Please some1 help

google "downgrader patch for san andreas"

• 2 weeks later...
Is it dangerous to mod my game?

Installing mods does not damage your game, unless you do something wrong. So long as your follow the instructions, and have a basic idea of what it is you're actually doing, you are unlikely to make a mistake. If you do make a mistake, you could either restore a backup (if you made one) or reinstall your game. Reinstalling your game does not get rid of your saved games, they are stored in 'My Documents'. For this reason, it is best to keep a backup of every file you edit or replace. The only file that is usually too big to backup is gta3.img - you should just backup every .dff or .txd inside gta3.img that you backup.

Perhaps you should add that script mods can corrupt your savegame. You have to start a new game for every new script mod you use (main.scm and script.img).

hi

how u doin

as it was metioned above that you should first copy all the files from ps2 cd to the computer.

i dint really understand that cause i tried to do that and some of the files were not to be copied. and when i tried to replace the modded files with the files in the GTA SA CD, it was not able to do.

so can someone pl tell me in details on how to exactly do it on PS2 CD'S

thanx

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After finally saving up enough to get a new laptop, I now want to start modding GTA SA again. I have downgraded from V2 to V1, and I've got the IMG Tool (2.0), however whenever I try to open the GTA3.img file the IMG Tool just says " failed to set data for" " I don't want to use the Spark thing because, I prefer doing it manually. Is there any way to make the IMG tool actually work?

• 1 month later...

i had that problem before, i re-installed gtasa and it was fine, also sometimes if you right click gta3.img and go to properties and the read only box is ticked that can give you some stick too, so untick it. also i had a problem with img tool 2.0, sometimes when rebilding archive it crashes and corrupts my gta3.img file, once that happens it re-installation time, its better and safer to instead back up the file ur replacing (eg elegy.dff & elegy.txd) delete them then rename your files to elegy.dff & elegy.txd then click commands->add and add them but dont rebuild archive you dont need to, credits to WRX"the boss"22B for his help on that one. sorry for the essay lol hope it helps :D

Edited by Just Misunderstood........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so i tried CLEO and ever since, it would crash mid game...

Anybody kno y it would do this???

:bashhead:

p.s.

i have 1 car mod installed but when i try to reinstall the problem is still the same

:pissedred:

Can anyone help me figure this out. I have the same problem as above. I was bored and tried a skateboard mod. Used SAMI and replaced the Broadway with the skateboard. Now whenever I go in the area of a Broadway the game freezes. Uninstalling and deleting all related files then reinstalling does nothing to help, still freezes. :( Can I edit something to fix it?

Thanks - Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i tried CLEO and ever since, it would crash mid game...

Anybody kno y it would do this???

:bashhead:

p.s.

i have 1 car mod installed but when i try to reinstall the problem is still the same

:pissedred:

same here but i was trying to install dante skin..... need help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...