SA Modding Guide

Gerard

why the hell do u need a dual layer dvd to mod the ps2 san andreas. i placed mods onto a normal 4.7G dvd. san andreas started to load untill sort of halfway it stopped, the music was playing. wat am i doing wrong?

i have-

my ps2 slim is modified(able to play copied)

dual layer dvd burner

dual layer DVD

UltraISO(some programs allows u to open iso files)

this is wat i did for a normal dvd

1.made san andreas into an ISO and placed it on computer

2.used the ultraiso to open the ISO(san andreas) and placed the mod

3.i used nero to copy the image files onto the dvd

4.put in ps2

then loaded halfway and stopped.

i did the same procedures for the dual layer dvd, i put in ps2 and it could not read.nothing happend.

Modding the PS2 version of the game is very hard. In order to do so, you will need a dual-layer DVD burner, a blank dual-layer DVD, DVD/ISO creation software, and a PS2 modchip. You must copy the DVD contents to the computer, install the mods like you would on the PC version, make the files into an ISO, and use software to make a bootable dual-layer DVD using the ISO file. You must burn to the DVD, then put it in your PS2. You must have a modchip or the PS2 will give you a disc read error. We cannot provide support for PS2 mods due to copyright/piracy issues.

it says "You must copy the DVD contents to the computer, install the mods like you would on the PC version"

so i just copy and paste it(right clicking copy and then paste).

please help me people

the mods for san andreas you download here, there for PC, XBOX and PS2 right? do u have to use a dual layer dvd or a normal dvd to mod for the ps2.

"we cannot provide support for PS2 mods due to copyright/piracy issues?" what does this mean.

Edited by bro1

Please Can Someone Help Me?

I Think this Should Be UNder The Modding Catorgory.....

How Can I Make Car's Which i Like Spawn In The Wang Auto's Garage?

In The Places I Want And The Car's I Want ? Please Someone Reply And Help Me

Thanks,

.........EdSands.........

P.S If You Cant Reply On Here Just Add Me On MSN [email protected]

Ok... you were supposed to post thos in GTASA modding-not the guide. i think. Just ask someone to make it for you or download IPL Helper.

• 3 weeks later...

I came here looking for help with modding. But most of you guys seem to just have enough trouble installing mods. So I will offer some help to a few of the things I read here.

IF YOU HAVE VERSION 2.0 OF SAN ANDREAS you cannot (easily) install mods, you should search for the San Andreas Downgrader. Which will downgrade your gta to Version 1.0. I had to do this myself and I guarantee it works quickly and is a tiny file you can always keep for whenever you install GTA SA.

I also read someone asking about how to edit what vehicles appear in your garage and such. There is a program specifically for that... But don't bother with it because "GTA SA Center" is a great mod that has that ability and works really well without bugs and allows you to do tons of things like assign a key to flip your car over. Choose whatever weapons you would like to have and stack your garages with whatever cars you want in whatever colour you want. As well as spawn any vehicle in front of you. And much more.

As for installing mods I don't wanna get into it. It is pretty easy. If the mod you downloaded doesn't have instructions or has bad ones download a similar file and it will probably have better instructions to follow. Just make sure you back-up you files so when you screw up a little line and the game starts to freeze you can go back to before the screw-up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
After all, it is much better to upgrade your PC to play San Andreas than to waste time burning a new DVD every time you install or remove a mod on the PS2 version.

Doesnt the Xbox have a hard drive to store mods on?

Also I cannot buy that stuff online, just saying. My current PC plays it fine, however I like the Xbox version better since I can use a controller and its easier to play on Xbox than PC (like if parents wont let me use computer, almost 18 though)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a problem with modding and i hope someone can help me.

I have a orginial San andreas game and want to add some mods.

I use(d) the program SAMI (san andreas mod installer) i think that people over here know that program.

It is easy to follow the instructions and install a mod.

Starting San andreas and than comes the problem.

By the loading screen, jammed te computer between the AND of the word Andres (half away during the loading proces).

Is it possible that i have version 2 and have to downgrade it ?

Or is there something else that i need to follow, use or have to know?

Can somebody help me.

Thnx Rene (from Holland)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:huh: Can anyboy help me? I download the mod installer and changed a few cars. Everytime I try to load it stop half way, and I have to restart. Thanks!

hi hope u dnt mind me writtin i just need ur help could u please tell me how u changed few cars in gta sa but in easy steps lol co ive been tryna do it 4 3 hrs now so if you can get bk 2 me id appreiciate it or u can email me [email protected] cheer 4 ur time