Glitz and Glamour again?

I was wondering whether Vice City will be the same as the 80's, with a few new buildings and trees, or will it be a crime-ridden hell-hole? Will we ever see Tommy Vercetti again? My guess is that he would be around 40-50 years old if it was in present day! The only decade that Rockstar haven't done a GTA game on is the 1970's. In San Andreas, there are many indications that the game will be set in the 70's, especially if you listen to the radio on the game.

I doubt it will be in the '80s again since they never repeat the time period (GTA3: 2002, Vice City: 1985, San Andreas: 1993 and I'm not sure what year Liberty City Stories was in) but this is different since its PSP. So if LCS was in the same decade(I think it was) as GTA3 then maybe VCS will be the same decade as Vice City. I think it would be cool to see it in present day (like 20 years later) and to see everything change. If it was in the '70s then it would not have some of the buildings Vice City has but it would be kind of cool to see a different era. So I think it might be later on in the '80s but I'll have to check the time period for LCS to further change my hypothesis. I sound like a nerd LOL.

Edited by ArturKim21

I doubt it will be in the '80s again since they never repeat the time period (GTA3: 2002, Vice City: 1985, San Andreas: 1993 and I'm not sure what year Liberty City Stories was in) but this is different since its PSP. So if LCS was in the same decade(I think it was) as GTA3 then maybe VCS will be the same decade as Vice City. I think it would be cool to see it in present day (like 20 years later) and to see everything change. If it was in the '70s then it would not have some of the buildings Vice City has but it would be kind of cool to see a different era. So I think it might be later on in the '80s but I'll have to check the time period for LCS to further change my hypothesis. I sound like a nerd LOL.

from whatm i can gather, lcs was set in 1998, at least that's the date that the newspaper style manual reads, also, the expected completion date for callahan bridge is may 1998. hope i could help!

I think it is gonna be about 2004 Miami style-ish over populated and poluted and overrun with Haitians/Cubans and there gang war.. i think Rockstar is gonna take the Gang style game approach because with LCS they did another Mafia-style game...but i think there will still be a small sense of "scar-face" in the game. . .

• 1 month later...

Just want to correct you:P GTA3: 2001, Vice City: 1986, San Andreas: 1992. Liberty City Stories: 1998.

I hope VCS is set in present time, around 2005. It would be cool to see an old Tommy Vercetti, probably in his 50`s, and maybe do some work for him;) I do not hope it will be set in the 70's or earlier, because Its to long ago, the music is maybe a little to old, and the main character would not have been able to carry around a cell phone:P

Just want to correct you:P GTA3: 2001, Vice City: 1986, San Andreas: 1992. Liberty City Stories: 1998.

I hope VCS is set in present time, around 2005. It would be cool to see an old Tommy Vercetti, probably in his 50`s, and maybe do some work for him;) I do not hope it will be set in the 70's or earlier, because Its to long ago, the music is maybe a little to old, and the main character would not have been able to carry around a cell phone:P

Problem is, Miami today aint really what it was in the 80's.. Dont get me wrong its still a "lively" city! :D though half of the population is retired people! :D

I'd personally wouldnt mind seeing it in the 80's again really...the "Decade Of Decadence" was one of the greatest times to live, and a lot of great music came out during that time too.....If it was Miami in the present time...then it wouldnt be as exciting to me...maybe 1989 or maybe even 1991.

Edited by Sixxx

I'm not sure it's going to be set up in the 80's. If we follow the III>LCS pattern, VCS will be set in present time (2005+)

But wasn't GTA3 set in 2001 and LCS was in 1998. Making the PSP game earlier so if we follow that same pattern then VCS will be before VC. Unless you are saying that one of the games has to be before present time and one game has to be in present time not mattering which one (PS2, Xbox,PC or PSP). If you are saying it like that then yeah I agree with you VCS should be set in 2005+.

Edited by ArturKim21

Has anyone noticed the 6 year gap between most GTA games?

It goes like this:

GTA Vice City was set in 1986, six years later it is 1992, which was set in GTA San Andreas. Then another six years later it is 1998, which is LCS, then almost, GTA 3, six years later it is present day (nearly) which is six years later.

Pattern emerging? I think so.

So, my prediction is that VCS will be set in 1974, which is two sets of six years from Vice City ( 1986 - 12 = 1974).

Anyone agree?

• 3 weeks later...

I would like it be set in the late 80s. Vice City should be set in the 80s as it suited the city really well with all the pastel suits and neon hotels. It wouldnt seem right if it was in the present as it takes away from the whole Miami Vice them which made Vice City worth playing.