Photo
- - - - -

Who do You Think Will be the Main Character?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#41 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:35 PM

Some people claim that the next game will be set in the 1930's or even earlier, but that would be very unlikely, and there would be a completely new character.

The Driver Is Back!

I've preordered my PlayStation 3, have you got yours?

#42 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

Wow a gta game in the 1930s would be the gayest gta ever i wouldent even bother playing it, what you gonna do? jack a model T? there would only be like 10 models of cars in the game and they would all look the same
Posted Image

#43 Neto

Neto

Pickpocket

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:48 AM

Maybe it would be Salvatore Leone when he was young in the 1970's, and how he rised to power
Nachooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#44 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

naahhhh i think that would be in liberty city because remember in gta vc in the intro the forrelis are talking about expanding south and selling drugs and one of the other guys said "nah, sonny none of the families will touch that stuff!" so it's obvious that the forrellis were the only ones that got into selling drugs and that was in the 80s so i doubt vcs will happen in the 70s with salvatore
Posted Image

#45 Wasted

Wasted

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:18 AM

It should be a new character thats tring to take over Vice city after Tommy dies.
WASTED!

#46 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

no thats what happened last time in vc after diaz dies
Posted Image

#47 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:29 PM

Err.. MVI

This is the Vice City Stories forum.

Yes it will be set in one city, and one city we've seen before. Hence appropriate discussion.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#48 Busby

Busby

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

I thought it was obvious that you would play as Kent Paul
************************Posted Image************************
By Busby

#49 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

Noooo, Tommy should not die, but it would be very dramatic...

WHOA!

Wait a minute, in Vice City Stories it could resemble Scarface again, and Tommy has a machine gun, dressed in a black suit, shoots lots of people, and you come behind him and shoot him in the back with a sawn-off shotgun, and he falls into the newly built fountain at the bottom!

Would that storyline work?

The Driver Is Back!

#50 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:50 PM

Certainly got the mansion for it. But maybe not.

I'm all for killing off Tommy

#51 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

I Bet a lot of people would complain to Rockstar if they killed off Tommy, that would be funny to see!

The Driver Is Back!

#52 TheTrekman

TheTrekman

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:26 PM

In my opinion, I can only see three possible main characters for three possible storylines.

If Vice City Stories continues on the same theme of Liberty City Stories, then VCS will be a prequel to Vice City, showing what the city was like before Tommy arrived, just like LCS showed what Liberty City was like before Claude. Also, it will most likely be around a character that was originally introduced in Vice City. Out of all the characters in Vice City, I can only see three that are good candidates for the main character of VCS:

1. Lance Vance in the late 70's/early 80's: Depicts Lance and his brother arriving in Vice City and making a name for themselves in the criminal underworld. The only problem is that what's the point in playing a character that we know will double cross Tommy and eventually killed by Tommy in the end of Vice City?
2. Mitch Baker in the early to mid 70's: Mitch (possibly along with Phil Cassidy) comes back home to Vice City after fighting in Vietnam to find an uneasy welcome party and unable to go back to the quiet life he had before the war. That would be a good story.
3. Umberto Robina in the mid to late 60's: A newly arrived Cuban refugee, Umberto must face Haitians, racial strife, NASA G-Men(?), and maybe even some run-ins with El Burro in order to rise to the top. Another good story and also he would become the first Hispanic GTA main character.

There you go.

#53 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:53 AM

In my opinion, I can only see three possible main characters for three possible storylines.

If Vice City Stories continues on the same theme of Liberty City Stories, then VCS will be a prequel to Vice City, showing what the city was like before Tommy arrived, just like LCS showed what Liberty City was like before Claude. Also, it will most likely be around a character that was originally introduced in Vice City. Out of all the characters in Vice City, I can only see three that are good candidates for the main character of VCS:

1. Lance Vance in the late 70's/early 80's: Depicts Lance and his brother arriving in Vice City and making a name for themselves in the criminal underworld. The only problem is that what's the point in playing a character that we know will double cross Tommy and eventually killed by Tommy in the end of Vice City?
2. Mitch Baker in the early to mid 70's: Mitch (possibly along with Phil Cassidy) comes back home to Vice City after fighting in Vietnam to find an uneasy welcome party and unable to go back to the quiet life he had before the war. That would be a good story.
3. Umberto Robina in the mid to late 60's: A newly arrived Cuban refugee, Umberto must face Haitians, racial strife, NASA G-Men(?), and maybe even some run-ins with El Burro in order to rise to the top. Another good story and also he would become the first Hispanic GTA main character.

There you go.

Those are all pretty cool storylines (I like the Umberto Robina the best even though I would like to play as Lance Vance but like you said what would be the point if he backstabbed Tommy and died) and are 3 characters that could possibly be the main character but I have one question. You registered in January and your first post is 5 months later?

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#54 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

Umberto Robina seems to be a bit like Scarface, and that would be a good storyline, I don't really want to be a fat slob who gets women to spill coffee on his jeans (from VC).

The Driver Is Back!

#55 TheTrekman

TheTrekman

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

Those are all pretty cool storylines (I like the Umberto Robina the best even though I would like to play as Lance Vance but like you said what would be the point if he backstabbed Tommy and died) and are 3 characters that could possibly be the main character but I have one question. You registered in January and your first post is 5 months later?

Yeah, I've been meaning to post something earlier, but never got around to it. Now that I recently completed LSC on the PS2, I've been very curious as to what VCS will be like.

Umberto Robina seems to be a bit like Scarface, and that would be a good storyline, I don't really want to be a fat slob who gets women to spill coffee on his jeans (from VC).

Ah, but for my idea for a Umberto Robina Vice City Story would be set in the 60's, where he would be a good twenty years younger than what he was in 1986, and most likely back then, he wasn't a fat slob who got women to spill coffee on his jeans.

#56 Neto

Neto

Pickpocket

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:17 AM

Hmmmmmm, but do you there were cubans back then in the 60's cause in the 80's is when they started coming
Nachooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#57 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

That's a good point, but he could still be Cuban and managed to immigrate to America.

The Driver Is Back!

#58 TheTrekman

TheTrekman

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:27 PM

Hmmmmmm, but do you there were cubans back then in the 60's cause in the 80's is when they started coming

Well, acording to Wikipedia, Cubans began immigrating to American in the 60's. It's just wasn't until the 80's that they came in by the hundreds. Umberto could have been among the first.

Here's the link

#59 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:46 PM

You could be Auntie Poulet! That would be a stupid idea, but imagine what it would be like. Staying in your little house all day listening to nature music. Great fun.

The Driver Is Back!

#60 gta philly

gta philly

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:20 AM

if i could choose a main caracter for vcs it would definitly not be Kent Paul wayyyy to nervouse of a wreck.

if the game is before vc i think it would be lance but if its after you'd probably play as lances bro how comes to vc for lances fueral then help ing then killing off every body tommy worked w/ (exept kent(sa) ) Killing tommy at the end for revenge

but hey r* could go a totally different way? :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users