Photo
- - - - -

Who do You Think Will be the Main Character?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#21 The Professional

The Professional

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:40 PM

There must be some mysterious reason behind Claude not speaking, maybe he was tortured by Catalina once, but he forgave her, and Claude had his voicebox removed by her or something

My take is that he either chooses not to speak or he was shot in the throat in the opening cutscene, thus damaging his voicebox until he can get surgery at a later date or something.

#22 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

But Claude appears in San Andreas, and that game is set 9 years before GTA 3, and he didn't speak in that, so it couldn't have been when he was shot in GTA 3.

The Driver Is Back!

I've preordered my PlayStation 3, have you got yours?

#23 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

That's a good point. We are kinda of getting off topic but what ever. I think that Claude is just like mute not able to talk but able to hear. Or maybe R* just was too lazy to make him talk... I very highly doubt it but it would be cool to learn about his past and stuff. So I think Claude would be a pretty cool character to be put in Vice City Stories but would it be after or before GTA 3 because San Andreas was 9 years before and Vice City was 17 years before so I don't know...

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#24 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

I think it is gonna be an ancestor of Umberto Robina and he is young and he is just making his ranks in the Cuban gang..and the outraging war with the haitians. probly in mid 90s or early twenty first centuary

i hope it has a mix of that old vice city feeling with the mix of the Los Santos feeling

Edited by SoLo, 20 May 2006 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

#25 ITBTD

ITBTD

I LOVE MEERKATS!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • United States 

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:10 AM

its got to be lance or someone because "stories" means a story of a charactor that happened befor the original game with that charactor in.
Posted Image

#26 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:49 AM

Lol thats not true. Vice city stories could happen in a couple years into the future like 1990..theres no rule that says "Stories" makes the game happen before the original game
Posted Image

#27 .•®©•.

.•®©•.

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  •    England 

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

I would like to have another character but it feels as if even this time it will be tommy like grand theft auto liberity city srories.

Posted Image

GTA Community returns soon!!!! with a RPG game!!

Keep checking.

#28 Maggotkill

Maggotkill

Atheist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Greece 

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:20 PM

Anyway; I stick with my theory for Claude to be a main character... <_<
If there's no god, there can't be no heresy...

#29 Neto

Neto

Pickpocket

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:19 AM

Ok, I don't think is going to be Tommy Vercetti because of the voice actor is Ray Liotta and if you go to www.imdb.com it says nothing about him acting in Vice City Stories, and I think maybe is the main character is going to be a cuban immigrant just coming from cuba set in the 1980's...

Edited by Neto, 22 May 2006 - 03:19 AM.

Nachooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#30 888ball

888ball

Assassin

• Elite Members
  • 744 posts
  •    England 

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

I really doubt it will be cortez, or any Cuban. I think/hope it will be some Italian-American wiseguy. Hopefully all of the "stories" handheld series will be based around the Mafia.

#31 Maggotkill

Maggotkill

Atheist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Greece 

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:29 PM

People, with this matrix of ideas about the main character of the next Grand Theft Auto game on PSP, we now only need to wait until the time comes for our ears to hear the magic name.
So, will it be...
-Tommy Vercetti?
-Lance Vance?
-Ricardo Diaz?
-Umberto Robina?
-Claude?
-A whole new character?

Only time will tell... Or, to be exact, Rockstar will tell..

#32 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:13 PM

I really doubt it will be cortez, or any Cuban. I think/hope it will be some Italian-American wiseguy. Hopefully all of the "stories" handheld series will be based around the Mafia.

man im really gettin tired of this whole mafia thing...Every game of GTAIII + has had something to do with a crime family mafia....and it really starts to get old...i wanna see something out of the box like The yakuza or something, but i doubt there will be a japanese gang in Vice City...so im putting my money on a cuban/Haitian character sinse the last Vice city had to do with Money,Drugs and the MAFIA!
Posted Image

#33 Ron

Ron

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •    England 

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:48 AM

What about a young Donald Love as the character, it would be interesting to play as someone who was learned and not constantly whinging about how they grew up in "'da hood" or calling people "gansta'", wouldn't that be refreshing?

#34 Maggotkill

Maggotkill

Atheist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Greece 

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

Hmm... Interesting front. It'd be cool to see Donald say his toilet-philosophies again, but it'd be kinda bizarre to see him eat people (he's a cannibal, if you didn't figure it out)...

#35 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

LMAO i can never see donald love as a GTA character...i mean, can any of you see him holding up a store? NO! hes the kind of person that hires someone to do the dirty work for him.
Posted Image

#36 Neto

Neto

Pickpocket

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:43 AM

Maybe it's going to be the chef that tommy vercetti kills in the beginning, because umberto robina said "you killed ****** you must have had big cojones" that means that the chef was dangerous and did jobs for people
Nachooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#37 SoLo

SoLo

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:48 AM

Ohh yeah..i guess thats right, but if we play as chef then ....the main charcter would be A CHEF and not a psychotic killer? what would the final mission be? survive for 1 minute with Tommy Vercetti? :D lol
Posted Image

#38 The Professional

The Professional

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

Maybe it's going to be the chef that tommy vercetti kills in the beginning, because umberto robina said "you killed ****** you must have had big cojones" that means that the chef was dangerous and did jobs for people

You mean Leo Teal? Yeah, I could picture playing as him about two years before Vice City as he tries to establish himself as 'having big cojones' etc.

#39 The Driver

The Driver

"Simply The Best"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:34 PM

Its interesting how Rockstar leave many opportunities for there to be more GTA games. Wouldn't the game be set in the seventies, there are on many occasions when the seventies are mentioned in San Andreas.

The Driver Is Back!

I've preordered my PlayStation 3, have you got yours?

#40 Maggotkill

Maggotkill

Atheist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Greece 

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:51 PM

It's more than unlikely for Leo to be in the game. Who on earth would like a person who is known that he later dies to be a main character?

Its interesting how Rockstar leave many opportunities for there to be more GTA games. Wouldn't the game be set in the seventies, there are on many occasions when the seventies are mentioned in San Andreas

Yeah, I'd like to see that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users