Who do You Think Will be the Main Character?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, I can only see three possible main characters for three possible storylines.

If Vice City Stories continues on the same theme of Liberty City Stories, then VCS will be a prequel to Vice City, showing what the city was like before Tommy arrived, just like LCS showed what Liberty City was like before Claude. Also, it will most likely be around a character that was originally introduced in Vice City. Out of all the characters in Vice City, I can only see three that are good candidates for the main character of VCS:

1. Lance Vance in the late 70's/early 80's: Depicts Lance and his brother arriving in Vice City and making a name for themselves in the criminal underworld. The only problem is that what's the point in playing a character that we know will double cross Tommy and eventually killed by Tommy in the end of Vice City?

2. Mitch Baker in the early to mid 70's: Mitch (possibly along with Phil Cassidy) comes back home to Vice City after fighting in Vietnam to find an uneasy welcome party and unable to go back to the quiet life he had before the war. That would be a good story.

3. Umberto Robina in the mid to late 60's: A newly arrived Cuban refugee, Umberto must face Haitians, racial strife, NASA G-Men(?), and maybe even some run-ins with El Burro in order to rise to the top. Another good story and also he would become the first Hispanic GTA main character.

There you go.

In my opinion, I can only see three possible main characters for three possible storylines.

If Vice City Stories continues on the same theme of Liberty City Stories, then VCS will be a prequel to Vice City, showing what the city was like before Tommy arrived, just like LCS showed what Liberty City was like before Claude. Also, it will most likely be around a character that was originally introduced in Vice City. Out of all the characters in Vice City, I can only see three that are good candidates for the main character of VCS:

1. Lance Vance in the late 70's/early 80's: Depicts Lance and his brother arriving in Vice City and making a name for themselves in the criminal underworld. The only problem is that what's the point in playing a character that we know will double cross Tommy and eventually killed by Tommy in the end of Vice City?

2. Mitch Baker in the early to mid 70's: Mitch (possibly along with Phil Cassidy) comes back home to Vice City after fighting in Vietnam to find an uneasy welcome party and unable to go back to the quiet life he had before the war. That would be a good story.

3. Umberto Robina in the mid to late 60's: A newly arrived Cuban refugee, Umberto must face Haitians, racial strife, NASA G-Men(?), and maybe even some run-ins with El Burro in order to rise to the top. Another good story and also he would become the first Hispanic GTA main character.

There you go.

Those are all pretty cool storylines (I like the Umberto Robina the best even though I would like to play as Lance Vance but like you said what would be the point if he backstabbed Tommy and died) and are 3 characters that could possibly be the main character but I have one question. You registered in January and your first post is 5 months later?

Those are all pretty cool storylines (I like the Umberto Robina the best even though I would like to play as Lance Vance but like you said what would be the point if he backstabbed Tommy and died) and are 3 characters that could possibly be the main character but I have one question. You registered in January and your first post is 5 months later?

Yeah, I've been meaning to post something earlier, but never got around to it. Now that I recently completed LSC on the PS2, I've been very curious as to what VCS will be like.

Umberto Robina seems to be a bit like Scarface, and that would be a good storyline, I don't really want to be a fat slob who gets women to spill coffee on his jeans (from VC).

Ah, but for my idea for a Umberto Robina Vice City Story would be set in the 60's, where he would be a good twenty years younger than what he was in 1986, and most likely back then, he wasn't a fat slob who got women to spill coffee on his jeans.

Hmmmmmm, but do you there were cubans back then in the 60's cause in the 80's is when they started coming

Well, acording to Wikipedia, Cubans began immigrating to American in the 60's. It's just wasn't until the 80's that they came in by the hundreds. Umberto could have been among the first.

Here's the link

if i could choose a main caracter for vcs it would definitly not be Kent Paul wayyyy to nervouse of a wreck.

if the game is before vc i think it would be lance but if its after you'd probably play as lances bro how comes to vc for lances fueral then help ing then killing off every body tommy worked w/ (exept kent(sa) ) Killing tommy at the end for revenge

but hey r* could go a totally different way? :huh:

if i could choose a main caracter for vcs it would definitly not be Kent Paul wayyyy to nervouse of a wreck.

if the game is before vc i think it would be lance but if its after you'd probably play as lances bro how comes to vc for lances fueral then help ing then killing off every body tommy worked w/ (exept kent(sa) ) Killing tommy at the end for revenge

but hey r* could go a totally different way? :huh:

Lance's bro is already dead dude, that's why Lance wanted to get revenge against who ever killed his brother at the drug exchange. That's why he and Tommy became partners (but then Lance betrayed him). So that wouldn't work unless it was before VC.

Edited by ArturKim21

I still think the best choice for the main character of VCS would be either Mitch Baker coming home from the war in the 1970's or Umberto Robina arriving from Cuba in the 60's.

I mean...

-Tommy we already done.

-Sonny is better suited for a Liberty City Story.

-Ken is a pussy.

-Lance is a backstabbing s.o.b. that Tommy kills at the end, why would we want to play as him knowing that? (same with Sonny)

-Cortez is more of a giving-orders type of guy and even if we turn back the clock to when he was a nobody trying to make a "killing" for himself GTA-style, I doubt he would have been in Vice City at that time. More likely back in his native country.

-Kent Paul only a big talker and not much else.

-Avery isn't GTA main character material. Like Cortez, he prefers giving the order and most likely always had.

-Diaz may be a good main character, but aside from the fact that he falls under the same category with Lance and Sonny, his story of his rise to power may be too similar to Tommy's.

-I cannot see Auntie Poulet as a main character, but I can see her comming back as a hot, young femme fatal years before she became the leader of the Haitians.

-All Steve Scott cares about is making movies, so nothing much there.

-Phil Cassidy is more of a supporting character than main one.

-Love Fist, Candy Suxx and Mercedes are lovers not fighters.

-And the rest of the other characters are too minor to even mention!

"Big" Mitch Baker and Umberto Robina are basically hands down the two top contenders for the VCS main character. That is if Rockstar is continuing the theme of showing a perviously featured city through the eyes of a character that was first seen in the game that featured the city a few years before the main character of the original game arrived.

I'm very curious as to what are they going to do with San Andreas Stories...

Lance's brother dies at the start of the game, but maybe he escapes Lance and fakes his death. Anyway, no one in GTA actually dies, you get respawned to the nearest hospital all the time, so technically all the characters you have 'killed' are not dead.

I reckon it'll be the 70's. Much as I loved the Miami Vice 80's of VC, the trend seems to be prequels. It could be good though. Good tunes in the 70's, the music in LCS was crap! (thank R* for R* Custom Tracks :-))

As for the protagonist, Kent Paul: Be great to play as a Brit, but nahh, he's a pussy (I think. A while since I played VC). Tommy: Nope, he wouldn't be there. It won't be anyone that turns out to be an arse.

I reckon it'll be someone who we've never heard of who has such a cracking back story that we feel that we know him. Let's face it, these games are so well done that R* must be able to create someone who's known but never seen or referred to. Just ffs get the tunes right if you read this R*.

Oh, and if you do and you need some creative input who can do firewalls and IPS and stuff, I'm your man ;-)

Oh, and another thing, the quality of the voice talent seems to have dropped along with the quality of the music. Anyone agree?

Stupid question but, was CJ ever mentioned in the gta's before sa? :huh:

I think someone in the GTASA General Discussion mentioned something about hearing CJ on the radio in VC (on KCHAT or something like that, just listen maybe you'll hear him). It's a pretty old thread but go look and see if you can find it. I am not even sure if he was lying or telling the truth but I can't tell because my VC CD got broken. :'(

Maybe it would be Ricardo Diaz. Since he's one of the big drugs and guns dealers in the states. Maybe it will show how Diaz came from the bottom to the top. The classic 'sociopath gets revenge' GTA Plot.

And maybe reveals that Diaz was once skinny, but ate too many nachos and became a talking ball...

Nice....!

----------

Welcome to the real world:

I think... It's gonna be someone new. You know, a hitman. Like Jason Bourne! WOHO! I'd love to be able to play a hitman like Bourne. Deadly, quick, cold, no-compassion... Cool! A hitman sent to kill Tommy Vercetti. It'll be like this, everybody on the police force thinks taking down Tommy Vercetti would be difficult, but this hitman took him out like breaking a toothpick! It'll be cool... But... Impossible now.

Edited by C.O.D