Who do You Think Will be the Main Character?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diaz isn't really protagonist material. He's more of a boss. Maybe you'll be someone who works for Diaz but then overthrows him. *(Hmm... That sounds oddly familiar!*

Edited by The JD

Well I guess you have a point there. The protagonist really depends on the timeline. GTA LCS was after VC so will VCS be after SA? If that is the case then R* will probably give us Tommy Vercetti again or some minor character from VC. On a side note, I'd absolutely love to play as Tommy again. SA's whole gangbanging, drug-doing, "in tha hood fo life" thing doesn't really work for me.

Edited by The JD

I wouldn't hope for Tommy Vercetti to be in the game, dudes, even though it'd be awesome for him to protagonise.

And that is why it would be:

a) boring for some people; the people who didn't like him in the first place

B) It would be a bad 'movement' for the company to put the same main character twice.

Edited by Maggotkill

Although I feel Tommy Vercetti would be a great character if they picked up right where VC left off

to tell the tale of what happens after the spectacular ending in the mansion, I have a strong feeling that the main 'protagonist' in VCS will be Lance Vance. Either that, or I think it'll be Kent Paul, or a completely new character that R* has yet to introduce, who will work for Vercetti, and eventually take over the Vercetti Empire when Tommy dies, or when this new 'protagonist' kills him...............

Like Chris said It's really going to depend on what year the game is set. If it's before 1985 then it could be some of the people that we worked for like Dias and Cortes. But if it's after then I think it should be someone younger, how about if it's set in present time and maybe we play as Tommy's son or cousin even though that's unlikely to happen I think it would be pretty cool.

Hey ppl, I was down at the gamefaqs.com boards and I saw some crazy ideas! Colonel Cortez (?!?!) Lance Vance's brother ,and there was this guy who formed a whole theory for the story of the game, with Umberto Robina (the Cuban gang leader) as a main character! Insane!

I agree with the people that don't want Tommy to be the main character for Vice City Stories.As much as I love Tommy (my favourite character from all GTA's) R* would be making a pretty bad mistake. I think it would be cool to be Cortez and how he began all his "business".And in the end maybe you pull of some big job or heist (some stuff like that) and the end cutscene you meet a guy named Tommy Vercetti...

But, dude, Cortez surely doesn't look like the ideal killer, troublestarter or havoc maker... He doesn't even look gangster. He's a rich, corrupted well educated spanish retired colonel who could only sit at his yaught and have his sailors serve him some.. tapia snout, or labster, or sth... He's the ideal boss, not the ideal criminal.

Edited by Maggotkill

As has been said, the main character would very much depend on the year in which the game was set.

If Vice City Stories is a prequel to Vice City, like Liberty City Stories was to GTA3, then they could use a someone like a younger Umberto Robina or possibly one of the Vance brothers (A younger Lance or maybe his brother).

If, on the other hand, it's set after Vice City, the main character would most likely be a new character either related to one of the original game's characters (Lance Vance had an illegitimate son?) or simply a completely original character connected to one of Vice City's gangs (e.g. A new member of Big Mitch Baker's Biker Gang)

In either situation, they could use an existing character from Vice City like Rico (It isn't really made clear whether he's blown up with his boat or whether he survived) or Pepe Robina.

Either way, I seriously doubt that they will use Tommy Vercetti as the playable main character.

Edited by The Professional

But, dude, Cortez surely doesn't look like the ideal killer, troublestarter or havoc maker... He doesn't even look gangster. He's a rich, corrupted well educated spanish retired colonel who could only sit at his yaught and have his sailors serve him some.. tapia snout, or labster, or sth... He's the ideal boss, not the ideal criminal.

Yeah, guess you're right. Just forgot some characters in Vice City (I haven't played like in 2 years or something since my CD broke). Anyway I can't think of anyone right now but everyone has some pretty cool ideas.

Well guys, my theory, as illogical as it might seem, is that Rockstar is going to punch Claude in, once more and this time, he's gonna be talking.

Think about it; we are constantly thinking an thinking about secondary characters of Vice City, characters which we'd like to know more about... But the truth is one: we, as well, don't know anything about Claude, the "GTA3 Guy", who hasn't opened his mouth even once. Some of us are pissed off about his muteness. Well, probably no more, because Rockstar may have actually thought about this and wanted to unveil something about this character's past.

We only see him in 2002, at GTA3, the only GTA game which is so chronologically advanced, in comparison with the other games. This would be a good chance indeed to learn about this character and hence, to hear him say something.

Edited by Maggotkill

There must be some mysterious reason behind Claude not speaking, maybe he was tortured by Catalina once, but he forgave her, and Claude had his voicebox removed by her or something

My take is that he either chooses not to speak or he was shot in the throat in the opening cutscene, thus damaging his voicebox until he can get surgery at a later date or something.

That's a good point. We are kinda of getting off topic but what ever. I think that Claude is just like mute not able to talk but able to hear. Or maybe R* just was too lazy to make him talk... I very highly doubt it but it would be cool to learn about his past and stuff. So I think Claude would be a pretty cool character to be put in Vice City Stories but would it be after or before GTA 3 because San Andreas was 9 years before and Vice City was 17 years before so I don't know...

I think it is gonna be an ancestor of Umberto Robina and he is young and he is just making his ranks in the Cuban gang..and the outraging war with the haitians. probly in mid 90s or early twenty first centuary

i hope it has a mix of that old vice city feeling with the mix of the Los Santos feeling

Edited by SoLo