Rockstar Announce Vice City Stories

Chris

In yet another suprise announcement from Rockstar, Vice City Stories is after all a real game, it was confirmed by Take-Two in a press release earlier this afternoon.

New York, NY - May 10, 2006 - Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. Developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories will be available exclusively on the PSP system in North America on October 17th, 2006 and Europe on October 20th, 2006.

gtavcslogo.gif

I've uploaded the GTAVCS logo for your viewing pleasure, click the thumbnail for the full image.

So later this year we will have a new (sort of) GTA game to play. I've made "VCS" section for The GTA Place, it will be themed as soon as we have some artwork and images. The pages we have already are the general information, artwork, and fan created art, so please send us your work if you've already made something, the best will appear on the page. It will be interesting to see what they change in Vice City this time, possibly a new time era too?

Shocked or suprised by this announcement? Discuss it in the forums.

Visit the official site at http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecitystories/

Wasnt too excited about GTA 4, but this, this has made my day. Woohoo, the best GTA, portable! And whoah, the website has a white background. Cant wait, ill be getting this for sure.

You're excited about VICE CITY for PSP, but not a HUGE BRAND NEW GTA?

Will GTA VCS be on PS2???????????? :pissedred:

We know NOTHING but what has been posted. That being, the name and release.

Hm, I don't know about it...5 months is just too short to make a good game.

I'm not even going to question why you would possibly think they just started making it. -.-

Rock on R*! This is just awesome and now I'm defintely not regretting buying my PSP (V1.50 BTW, so eat your hearts out! :bleh:)

I doubt 1.5 will be able to play it... You'll have to wait a bit.

Nah, with the update of 2.7 I think Rockstar got a bit of a Bo*l*k*n, TBH I reckon that 3.0 will be out by then anyways because of the eyetoy and GPS, wonder whether any accessories for the psp will have any functions within GTA??

:D well i had a look at a chart by SCEE and it shows two more updates coming before 2007 i saw one coming around november and the other december :D so im looking foward to that.

Rock on R*! This is just awesome and now I'm defintely not regretting buying my PSP (V1.50 BTW, so eat your hearts out! )

i dont think it wil run on 1.50,

I also own a v2.01 so I can also play 2.00+ games!

i also doubt that it will run on 2.00 most probaly 2.60 or 2.70 as all new psp games need the new firmware to play them. B)

I'm not even going to question why you would possibly think they just started making it. -.-

I don't. Of course they've started making it much earlier, but they've announced it later than they did LCS, so I think that they've taken less time to make VCS than to make LCS. But that's just me, so live with it.

The thing that worries me is the era. One of my favourite things in VC was the tunes (80's child B) ) Driving to the Airport with the sun rising as Squeeze came on ..... ahhh, perfect (assuming you know the tune and the line). I'd be perfectly happy with an exact copy to be honest :)

Edited by RussellF

i dont think it wil run on 1.50,

i also doubt that it will run on 2.00 most probaly 2.60 or 2.70 as all new psp games need the new firmware to play them. B)

I could always upgrade my v2.01 to a higher version as I'll still have my v1.50 for homebrew. :bleh:

• 2 weeks later...

wow i am so excited for this game [ Vice city stories was my fav city :)~ ] I just wish that they would put more sky scrapers in downtown vice city..i mean there was like 2 buildings..lol

• 4 weeks later...

I recently sold my san andreas THEN i hear lcs is coming out 2 ps2!! so buy that

now im hearing theres going to be a vice city stories which is great cuz if lcs is on psp then comes to ps2 vcs will definetly be on ps2 as well is some time

They'll probably (if not it would be rad) come out with San andreas stories # umd's in one case each for each city then it'll be cool if they mash'em together on 1 ps2 disk like the full san andreas game

Skrew the gta 3 trilogy im now gonna be owning the stories

R* at least i think just might have something going here

I recently sold my san andreas THEN i hear lcs is coming out 2 ps2!! so buy that

now im hearing theres going to be a vice city stories which is great cuz if lcs is on psp then comes to ps2 vcs will definetly be on ps2 as well is some time

They'll probably (if not it would be rad) come out with San andreas stories 3 umd's in one case each for each city then it'll be cool if they mash'em together on 1 ps2 disk like the full san andreas game

Skrew the gta 3 trilogy im now gonna be owning the stories

R* at least i think just might have something going here

it would be rad for vcs to be in 70's or a right now-like era

There is no chance that a San Andreas Stories will be coming out, there is not enough space for one UMD, and no one will like multiple ones of UMD's either.

why not i mean nobody has said any thing bad about multiple ps2 disks for a game and they dont all have come out in 1 case they could come out like SAS pt. 1(LS) :) , pt. 2(SF) :D , pt. 3(LV) :thumbsup:

They probably will do it

OR they also coult do Los Santos stories San Fierro stories and Las Venturras stories

That would work wouldnt it :erm: