Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaruff

Suggesting a new skin

17 posts in this topic

I noticed that the two current skins may be a little slow, especially for 56k users. I think a new skin should be placed on the site that is easy for 56K users to load so the forums do not loose traffic due to slowness.

I suggest something based on the default IPB skin. I actutaly could do that myself, change the IPB colors some.

The two current skins are nice but they can even be slow for me and I have DSL internet access so you might want to consider getting a skin that loads in less time.

Jaruff

I was thinking that maybe we should bring back the basic invision skin, but then I decided tat it would be too hard, beucase it's all blue

I was thinking that maybe we should bring back the basic invision skin, but then I decided tat it would be too hard, beucase it's all blue

Why would the color make it difficult?

Well I'm on 56k but this skin loads quite quickly for me, I don't mind if these new skins are added but i'd like you to keep the current ones and keep the drop down menu

I just tried using the invision default skin and it dosn't work it just gets a sql error

yeah because i havent edited the skin files for the mods we have installed

Jaruff if you wanna do some skin editing then speak to me on MSN if im online otherwise PM me and i'll give you the admin password for the testforums

yeah its a good skin but pink wouldnt suit this forum, what would suit this forum is a san andreas themed skin, by that i mean wiht red colours and such

red and grey and white/silver would be good colours to use, if you do that and we decide to use it i'll give you lots of forum $$$$

Many people hate the pink. I am actutaly having a friend of mine ([email protected]) to make me a SA Skin so I will post it once he finishes it.

He is a great skinner and you can check out some of his work at IBSkins.