#21 mickymg2003

mickymg2003

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Ireland 

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:12 PM

Well how bout if you fall of the edge you zoom back to the edge of the water again.
http://members.lycos...mgjoshhomme.png

Chris: Your sig is too large, please read the new sig policy on sizes, Thank You.

#22 @NDY

@NDY

@ndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:42 PM

[quote name='insane_pyro28' date='May 8 2004, 02:44 AM']If the cops were chasing you in the water, you could probably throw a fun size snickers bar the other direction and I bet they would go swim for it...[/quote]
[QUOTE]

i thought amercain police liked donunts! not
Snickers.

Edited by @NDY, 14 May 2004 - 07:43 PM.

Playin' GTA:SA in me front room
Posted Image

#23 VCLeet Player

VCLeet Player

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 02:55 AM

lol
But I think in san andreas thta they will have swimming, cuz too many people were complaining about it and stuff.

#24 vonchong115

vonchong115

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:39 AM

that idea sounds pretty good CC

but the way I see it would save them even more trouble. Who said the main character has to swim underwater? All I'm looking for is the ability to swim across the water, just like regular swimming, I wouldn't even mind if if it didn't have the option to dive underwater...

That option right there would still save you from all of the annoying deaths, and accidents, I mean if you think about it it's kinda pointless to actually go underwater anyway, there's nothing to do :mellow:

True, but diving would be great. Does anyone remember good ol' Super Mario 64 for the N64? That was great swimming. I loved the controls and something like that should be put into GTA. Adding to the original post, what if you are swimming for long distances, won't fatigue play an important role along with breath? I was thinking that it could work like this:

You swim for some time until you swim for some time then you can only float because your character is too tired to carry on. until he regains his strength above watever you have to wait only floating without moving. The more you swim the longer periods of time your character will be able to swim.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 The One The Only

The One The Only

Shoplifter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:35 PM

Well how bout if you fall of the edge you zoom back to the edge of the water again.

Thats just stupid.

You swim for some time until you swim for some time then you can only float because your character is too tired to carry on. until he regains his strength above watever you have to wait only floating without moving. The more you swim the longer periods of time your character will be able to swim.

Thats a good idea, works just like the running does. Makes sense too.

#26 vonchong115

vonchong115

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, thats where I got the inspiration from, I was thinking of how Tommy always started gasping for breath after jogging a while (before the ambulance missions).

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 @NDY

@NDY

@ndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:23 PM

not stupid (sp?)

good idea. wish id tought of that!

which calls for under water things like under-water guns and scooba-gear
Posted Image

#28 Corporate_Nothing

Corporate_Nothing

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:37 AM

Well we know that swimming will be included in the game, but the way in which you will be able to do so has not been explained in the GI magazine.. and yeah, not being able to swim sux baaaaaadd... its so frustrating like in VicePort between the bridge to Washington Beach and the gates to get to the docks where there's that little boat and everytime i'd try to get into it i'd fall down too hard and tommy would to a little flip, go into the water, and drown... now that sux big hard monkey balls in the ass.. if infact tahts possible, which its not, but if it were, it would...

#29 @NDY

@NDY

@ndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 11:50 AM

how about a swimming baths on the other side of the map.

you keep drowning like in VC then when you have opened up the map (no barriers) then you can got swimming lessions (lol...that'ill be funny)
then once you've done the lessions then you can then swim in the sea.

good a?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users