Gaming Kids Wanted

Gerard

We are currently producing a new flagship CBBC show called Level Up, to be broadcast on BBC2 and the CBBC Channel between April and September, and wondered if you might be able to help us with a request.

We are looking for a child to be our games guru, and wondered if you could help. We want to chat to any kids who have a passion for games, and would be able to talk about it passionately on screen. It would be great if they had gone that extra mile and maybe helped develop a game, do some testing and reviewing or even started up their own business around the gaming area. Anything that makes them extra gaming special!

Also, we were interested in finding out if there was a young UK online clan or British champion that might fit the bill.

Here's the blurb of what we're looking for:

CBBC are looking for a kids computer games expert for a brand new show called Level Up!

If you are aged between 12 and 15, have a passion for all things games and are a keen player of everything from Fifa to Fable, The Sims to Need For Speed; then give us a call.

Maybe you write a games blog, or review games for your local or school newspaper, or maybe you helped set up a gaming clan in your area? Tell us about your games passion and why you think you might be the games guru of Britain!

If you think you fit the bill, reply here and I'll give you the details on how to apply. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

If I understood it right, those "gaming kids" are trying to make a game on their own. Sounds a bit strange to me, because lot of my friends don't even know how to mod a game like, for example, any GTA, which are very easy to mod. All they do on their PCs is just playing games games games... Man, some of them don't even know how to burn a CD! :lol: & :'( at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...