More Mods

this forum needs more spam cleanup mods that can be on all the time. this guy: JohnathanUK is here for the sole purpose of spamming. he has made tons of spam posts and topic but no mods are online to get rid of it. i think he has been here several times spamming and posting dirty topics such as this one: http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4875 which was also posted by JohnathanUK

i think to make sure that this kind of shit is taken care of right away, you should recruit more members that can be on a lot to clean the boards from spam.

Edited by Carljohnson55

We try to keep these forums monitored 24 hours a day. This morning, Akuma and Spaz cleaned up the posts until I banned "Johnathan" at about 8am.

When GTA is a hot topic again, these forums will become a lot more active, and more moderation is needed. The fact of the matter is, not everything can be monitored all the time. Its a good thing that there are mods on several times a day, at least every couple of hours, who can clean up what they can and then inform an admin or super mod to help with the rest, which is what happened today.

Apologies to anybody offended by the horrific and grotesque posts made by Mr Gilb (the perpetrator of these repeated spammings). We did our best to remove them as soon as we were aware of them. We are still following the line of enquiry to bring these to a stop, since they help nobody.

We try to keep these forums monitored 24 hours a day. This morning, Akuma and Spaz cleaned up the posts until I banned "Johnathan" at about 8am.

When GTA is a hot topic again, these forums will become a lot more active, and more moderation is needed. The fact of the matter is, not everything can be monitored all the time. Its a good thing that there are mods on several times a day, at least every couple of hours, who can clean up what they can and then inform an admin or super mod to help with the rest, which is what happened today.

Apologies to anybody offended by the horrific and grotesque posts made by Mr Gilb (the perpetrator of these repeated spammings). We did our best to remove them as soon as we were aware of them. We are still following the line of enquiry to bring these to a stop, since they help nobody.

i kno it isnt always accurate, but have you tried banning the asshole's IP address?

why does he keep screwing with TGTAP anyways?