Ford and Chevy

westgate

I saw many of 'em in mine (Indonesia) a Chevrolet Spark, and a many Aveos. Which I think it is called Daewoo in other countries. And the Blazer. but i don't know why the Blazer is labelled as if they were manifactured by Opel in Indonesia.

Edited by C.O.D

• 1 year later...
I think GM bought Deawoo a while back. They also own Isuzu & have contracted Suzuki to build cars for them, like the GEO

line they sold here in the '80s & '90s. These were phased into the Chevy lineup around '96.

More later, gotta run.

MrLlamaLlama - TAG you're it!

Well, if gm bought them then wtf? But there are definitely chevy matiz's around, but to hell with it.

And here's what the Blue oval has been up to in Europe,

http://www.ford.com/en/company/about/count...ted_kingdom.htm

They had Austin Martin for a while, but they apparently let it go, bugger.

Same for GM & Lotus.

If Deawoo built the Chevy Matiz, that explains a few things, we've seen VCRs & 9mm handguns from them in the states.

These guys need to figure out what they want to make & get good at that. :wacko:

Take flight my mighty Mustang that I may be spared the wrath of MrLlamaLlama!

And here's what the Blue oval has been up to in Europe,

http://www.ford.com/en/company/about/count...ted_kingdom.htm

They had Austin Martin for a while, but they apparently let it go, bugger.

Same for GM & Lotus.

If Deawoo built the Chevy Matiz, that explains a few things, we've seen VCRs & 9mm handguns from them in the states.

These guys need to figure out what they want to make & get good at that. :wacko:

Take flight my mighty Mustang that I may be spared the wrath of MrLlamaLlama!

ok, consider yourself spared, i guess. :S

But i'm glad aston are free. I dont want ford to corporate - ise yet another quality car maker. Like they did with Jaguar.... Bastards. And lotus like you said ( i want an exige S)

And btw, who agrees that ford failed trying to bring the old GT back to life witht the GT40. I do.

AAHHRRRGGGG!!! 550 HP! 205 MPH! Now you're just trying to get my dander up aren't you!

The GT (newer model, the GT40 was the '60s original) comes w/ the supercharged 5.4 DOHC.

http://www.fordgt.net/gt_specifications.html

If you're talking Gran Turismo (the only ones I can afford, too), I'll give you that one because the '60s GT40 was a little

easier to sort, handled slightly better.

Gotta go, family stuff. I'll pickup on this later.

AAHHRRRGGGG!!! 550 HP! 205 MPH! Now you're just trying to get my dander up aren't you!

The GT (newer model, the GT40 was the '60s original) comes w/ the supercharged 5.4 DOHC.

http://www.fordgt.net/gt_specifications.html

If you're talking Gran Turismo (the only ones I can afford, too), I'll give you that one because the '60s GT40 was a little

easier to sort, handled slightly better.

Gotta go, family stuff. I'll pickup on this later.

Whoops. got mixed >.<

But yeah, the 60's GT40 kicks the hellish ass of the new GT, it looked beautiful. Who here can deny that the orange and blue paintjob was gorgeous? :P

TBH i ddn't get wtf you were on about with the gran turismo thing, so i guess i'll reply when you do...

And it's god to have someone around me to correct em all the time... Thats how i learn.... School didn't teach me nought...Shame i have exams right now really.... hehe <_<

The Gulf GT 40 looked sharp, but I like the computer controls a lot better. Points ignition is okay but the modern kit is a lot more reliable, especially at high RPMs & takes a lot less maintenance. The Webber carbs make plenty of power & look sweet, but tuning them could be a nightmare! I'm too old fat & lazy for that, I'll get the software & tune it w/ my laptop.

Frank Zappa said "Quit school & educate yourself at the library". I can understand that, the public schools here would be a joke, but nobody's laughing. But stick it out, even if the education is worthless. I don't know about the rest of the world but in the US, dropping out is the worst thing you could put on a resume. Same for a GED (means you passed a test for the credit but still dropped out).

And sit-up & finish your veggies... :lol:

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

The Gulf GT 40 looked sharp, but I like the computer controls a lot better. Points ignition is okay but the modern kit is a lot more reliable, especially at high RPMs & takes a lot less maintenance. The Webber carbs make plenty of power & look sweet, but tuning them could be a nightmare! I'm too old fat & lazy for that, I'll get the software & tune it w/ my laptop.

Frank Zappa said "Quit school & educate yourself at the library". I can understand that, the public schools here would be a joke, but nobody's laughing. But stick it out, even if the education is worthless. I don't know about the rest of the world but in the US, dropping out is the worst thing you could put on a resume. Same for a GED (means you passed a test for the credit but still dropped out).

And sit-up & finish your veggies... :lol:

Its funny because i'm slouched in my computer chair like a 30 year old unemployed bloke.

Feet rested on subwwofer, just a pair o' jeans on, covered in grease/oil/brake fluid/distilled water for battery (general maintenance on the 'bike...

Oh, and i'm drinking tea and eating breakfast cereal....lol...oh, and i have a newspaper. B) hehe

Anyway, back On topic. I can understand how the modern kit would be alot easier to manipulate and maintain, but you can't re - create a racing legend in the modern day to the calibre of the GT40... Even ford can't... Maybe Pagani or Koenigsegg (neither of which make race cars, strictly speaking, with the exeption the the Zonda F12 and CCXR/CCR ( i think!)).... :dribble: hehe.

But yeah... we need a new topic of discussion.... no -one else relly posts here much...

So....

*pauses for thought*

Your favourite classic Ford/chevy.... Or 'retro' or discontinued production... or w/e, anyway what is it?

Personally, no favourites as of now.. al that information has had to reside in the stagnent - horse piss ridden cesspool in the darkest recesses of my brain... To make way for exams and crap... >.<

However, something i have been meaning to do for a long time is helpl my uncle restore his old ford mexico... Rally spec. He used to do some ameteuer rallying, but the car's too old now really, he wants me to help him as kindof a restoration project, sandblasting paint, spot welding, mig welding, General menial tasks. But i learnt alot in my 2 weeks or so of college this year ( 1 day aweek instaed of school! wooo!), so y'know, it's just finding the time within my bust schedule of doing random crap in the 10 weeks i have free as of this friday...

oooohh, i'm just waffling now.... I hope to god you haven't read this, because you really didn;'t want to know? Did you?

Ahhh, balderdash.

• 3 weeks later...
No, not a word of it. :tongue:

OT Here's something you might consider good news. I found the bit about the new owners of Austin Martin, if you haven't

seen it yet, here's something for British Pride -

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consume...david_richards/

Tag, you're it agian & I'm escaping in my NEW Ford GT! :evil:

Oooh, intruiging.... Hope he doesn't f*** it all up.... and actually makes cars.. *The ruskies bought TVR and have made... 1 car :thumbsdown: *

You really are immature aren't you?

TAg, you're it and i'm escaping in my...... ON my.... Yamaha YZF- R1, bitches.

Kinda off topic, as in the title, but relevant to the whole 'private buyers owning car manufaturers' thing.....

Did anyone like the sagaris?

I did.

Especially in pearlescent orange.. or w/e the colour was called.... and they're only 50 grand or so.

I guess what i'm getting at is... Did the sagaris succesfully succeed the likes of the tuscan speed 12, cerberus, and griffith (which was shite anyway), or not?

• 2 weeks later...

In Australia, Holden is like the Aussie version of Chev seeing its owned by GMC. We dont have any re-badged chevs though (not to my knowledge).

But America stole the Holden Monaro and re-badged it as Pontiac GTO! :o

And here down under, We are big on Holden VS Ford. Pretty much everyone has a favorite out the 2! (Holden FTW).

Edited by Dmac_91