MTA: SA released!

Adriaan

Yes, the long awaited MTA: SA is about to spice up the GTA community in a very, very short while. MTA: SA is currently the best multiplayer mod for GTA: San Andreas and has many great features. One of them is deffinetly the Map Editor which will allow every single server to be unique. You can spawn almost any model that R* has put into the game and build your own race track. Most of you will remember the ever so popular MTA: VC. Despite its lags, it was very popular for the past few years. MTA:SA however is entirely new and built from the ground up for almost a year now. The client is also not seperate anymore. The entire MTA interface is inside the GTA: SA menu. It allows you to browse and connect to other MTA: SA servers. Inside you'll also find the MAP editor.

Currently only the server is up for download, but head on over to this page that has a countdown clock to the release of the client. Check back soon when we'll be updating this post as soon as the client is released. This is literally gonna change the GTA community as it is. Are you ready?

UPDATE:

The MTA:SA client is now released! Click here to download from TheGTAPlace.

UPDATE 2:

You might want to try out the following links courtesey of Jordan at PlanetGTA:

MTA: SA FAQ

Fan made maps

Links: MTA: SA Blog, PlanetGTA's MTA:SA review and download MTASA.

Since many people were bombarding the MTASA site causing it too load slowly or crashed, we added our own mirror, click the download link above to get MTASA.

So the client will be up for download when the countdown clock reaches zero or the server up for download when the client reaches zero? I'm just too excited about this, been waiting so long...

Of course Kudos to all involved in the making of this :) .

So the client will be up for download when the countdown clock reaches zero or the server up for download when the client reaches zero?

What am I writing news for nowadays? 4 year olds? I couldn't have stated it clearer:

News title: MTA: SA server released - Client coming today!

"Currently only the server is up for download, but head on over to this page that has a countdown clock to the release of the client."

"Check back soon when we'll be updating this post as soon as the client is released."

????

What am I writing news for nowadays? 4 year olds? I couldn't have stated it clearer:

News title: MTA: SA server released - Client coming today!

"Currently only the server is up for download, but head on over to this page that has a countdown clock to the release of the client."

"Check back soon when we'll be updating this post as soon as the client is released."

????

Okay sorry, just excited is all :blush: . 3 minutes 30 seconds to go.

Great! I got it, and installed.

Tried out the map editor, But would like a detailed explanation of it.

I bet that'll come out soon.

Now, I was at first surprised there were no servers, then realized no one has had the chance to create any yet. D'oh.