Sexiest Member Poll 2005

Gerard

First-round Voting has now ended for the Sexiest Member Poll 2005

Over the past couple of weeks, all the members of The GTA Place Forums have been voting for the sexiest male and female members who submitted their photographs. After much voting, arguing and even rigging, the voting has been closed, and the proper unedited official not-tampered-with votes have been counted and verified several times. These results have been deemed accurate by multiple staff conducting multiple counts. For those who are wondering where the voting topic has gone, that has been moved to a safe place where it cannot be tampered with. Anybody wishing to check the votes themselves really needs to get a life. And i mean, really.

The results for the Males are as follows:

1st equal =
Spaz & Chris
on 4 votes each

3rd equal =
Tom & MVI
on 3 votes each

5th =
Zino
on 2 votes

6th equal =
Chris82 & Pyro & Dave
on 1 vote each

The results for the Females are as follows:

1st =
Kokane
with 7 votes

2nd equal =
Katie
with 6 votes

Since there is a tie, there is a poll at the top of this page for the first-equal male members. Since there are only two members participating, then we will allow these two people to vote for themselves. That way there will be at least 1 vote each way, and we can track them all. No tactical voting is possible, just simply vote for who you think is the best looking. No it is NOT gay for a guy to vote on which of two other guys is the better looking - you can all judge who is good looking as who is not.

Here are the two photo galleries for the remaining participants:

Spaz - - Chris

Vote honestly. Tie-break poll will be closed in a day or two.

Spaz.

Shouldn't everyone post who they're voting for so we don't have a second episode of a rigged poll?

And don't you recall you were arguing about why people were voting for each other in that past thread? Should we tell you to get a life too?

Everyone's votes are up there. He counted them. I counted them. He counted a few more times, and I counted a few more times. We have counted and recounted multiple times. No one is missing a vote.

Yes, everyone SHOULD post who they voted for. But unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. People are too lazy.

He isn't talking about wondering why someone voted for another person. He is saying that those votes are accurate, as we have checked, double-checked, and then double-checked our double-checks. There is NO REASON someone should want to count the votes themselves. And trust me, you don't want to. It is a bitch going through that topic trying to find all the votes.

Edited by Spaz The Great

He isn't talking about wondering why someone voted for another person. He is saying that those votes are accurate...

I think we're talking about two different things now. Here.

That entire page is mostly MVI, Chris82, and Zino talking back and forth friendly. They weren't yelling or anything, it was a simple disagreement and Zino even said he was sorry if his posts sounded out of turn. But my point was, you were saying that because of his remark of people needing lives. And guess what? He said anyone WHO WANTS TO COUNT THE VOTES FOR THEMSELVES. You should not get offended unless it applies to you. I take things too literately? Yes, I do. Why? Because if a statement does not apply to me, I'M NOT GOING TO GET OFFENDED! That statement was put there, simply because, we have counted the votes over and over and over. Therefore, no one needs to have to count the votes themselves, and if they are going to fret on it, they DO need to get a life. Ok, sure, I fretted on it, but guess what? I ended up being right, there WAS errors in the count. We fixed those errors, though. You want Zino to be in the wrong so badly, because if he's wrong, then you're right. And you don't want to be wrong. I'm sorry, but that is how I see it. Zino has done nothing wrong.

In the poll when there were lots of people, some of the guys would have voted for themselves, and some would not. That is instantly unfair because the selfish guys would win. That is why we got rid of the poll method and asked you all to post your votes instead.

I made a subtotal count of the votes before the end, but that was wrong, and spaz edited it wrongly so we gave up on that idea.

When the voting ended, i moved the poll away from where anybody else (except admins) could view it, and that is where i counted the votes. Some people voted in big sentences, and that made it harder to see who they voted for, and subsequently two people's votes got missed off the final count.

When you complained that "the poll had been deleted so none of us could count the votes", we'd simply moved the poll out of the way. I had to make a NEW topic to have this poll in, which is why i decided to hide the other one. It also made sure it was safe and couldn't be edited.

When Spaz notified me of the missing votes, I moved the topic to where he could see it and we spent a long time going over the votes several times using several different methods. In the end we completely agreed on the votes, and were sure that nobody's votes had been tampered with.

The only changes that were made were Crimson received one vote that i had not recognised, and he was added onto the sixth-equal position. Katie had received six votes not five. These errors were corrected straightaway, but did not affect the 1st positions or the current tie-break poll.

If anybody still feels the need to want to check all the votes yet again, they really do need to get a life. Firstly, they must believe that this is very important, although Chris and Spaz will take the winner's title seriously. If you believe that everybody is out to get you, thats called paranoia. I moved the poll so that it wouldn't be questioned or tampered with, that effectively locked it up. If someone really wants to count the votes again, you would be welcome to, but you would probably believe that we've deleted votes for you or whoever you support, and you would never be satisfied.

During the poll, suspicious things did happen. For example, my votes went down from 2 to 1 instead of up to 3, which could not have happened unless someone rigged the poll, and only five people could possibly have done that. That is why we went to post votes, which could not be rigged without us seeing the "edited by" line which we forced to turn on. We are confident that no votes have gone missing.

If someone rigged the poll this time, they would have to edit my post at the top of the page. There is a line at the bottom of that post, just like at the bottom of this one, that clearly states the last person to edit that post or the poll. You can see the last time i edited it, that was to correct the previous poll scores and add the text at the top. Nobody can edit that poll without it being noticed

Edited by Spaz The Great

Wow - thats the first long word i've heard from a non-staff member for.. a very long time. AND even a full stop at the end. Amazing.

Voting will end soon, please place your final votes

Current stats - 6 Jan 06 - 18:10 GMT - Spaz=7, Chris=9

:wtf:

Oh. My. Wow.....

A non staff member.... Who.... Is typing good? And used a big word?

Well I think now would be a good time to end the voting.

I now officially crown Chris and Kokane the King and Queen of The GTA Place Sexiest Member competition 2006.

After weeks of voting, battling, slagging, sabotage, yelling, winning, losing and fighting, we reach the end. In the first round, Kokane won the female competition with 7 votes, and Chris and Spaz both received 4 votes each in the male competition. In the tiebreaker, Spaz received 7 votes and Chris got 9.

Congratulations to Chris and Kokane, comiserations to all the other participants, especially ex-champ Spaz who hands over his title today.

The poll had not changed for over a day, and since everybody is biased (ie they want the person they voted for to win), although not everybody is biased to the point where they would do something about it.

If it had been up to a Spaz voter, the voting would have stopped when Spaz was in front. If it had been up to a Chris voter, the voting would have stopped as soon as Chris got in front. Since it was up to me, I left it until the votes stopped coming in.

My guess is just about everybody who entered, and most staff, and most regular members had voted or had the opportunity to. If we left the poll open for months and made sure every single member on the entire forums voted, then the outcome may have been different. I did post yesterday warning that the voting would end soon, and if you had any complaints you should have voiced them.