#2342 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Since Skyrim will arrive soon and all other games/people wiill perish in my eyes, I've decided to pick up the only game that i hadn't invested all that much in, borrowed by this forums very own Ivan, Deadly Premonition.

It is incredibly low budget, the controls are awful, though I must say, the Resident Evil 4 type of shooting contributes greatly to the intensity of the game. The first parts of this are in the woods and kind of remind me of Alan Wake, the dialogue (or should I say monologue) of the main character is alright and witty and has a sort of uhh, wit or freshness that make it a less over bearing/ intense experience than Alan Wake (don't get me wrong, I'm loving Alan Wake).

The enemies impressed me, it's not very often I get scared or creeped out by a game or film, but the enemies, despite being quite easy to terminate, are genuinely spooky, not due to their design, but to the sound, they emit this really eerie, painful moan that gets to me some weird way

The initial cut-scene and mood of this game remind me a LOT of David Lynch, hell, the people behind this are probably huge fans.

I'm not loving the game, I'm not hating it, this thing might be a shit game, or a brilliant work of art, it's still way too early to make that call (I'm at the initial stages of the game, and it already gave me a lot to talk about ahahaha).

#2343 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

Been playing SR3 like crazy.
Installed Batman Arkham City but haven't played it yet.
I can't get LA Noire to work (got rid of GFWL and now R* Social Club is being a bitch).
I've hit a ''point of no return'' in NFS The Run (game crashes at the same point, every time).
Someone gifted me Borderlands and it's pretty cool but haven't really played it that much.
Finished GTA IV for the 8th time, and got Key To The City for the 1st time. Yay! Only got the Ranked multiplayer achievements left, I can't get those cause nobody plays Ranked, the 3 strike in bowling achievement (I was close to getting this one), and the multiple fighting combo achievement which is humanly impossible on PC (much like champagne drink off). Oh yeah I also broke my high-score at QUB3D! :D
Besides that, still playing The Sims Medieval, Minecraft and The Sims 3... yay.

#2344 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Still playing gta sa :P

#2345 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Magicka

:D

#2346 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Just installed Assassin's Creed Revelations. Seems pretty identical to Brotherhood (which most people call Assassins Creed 2.5, I call it Assassins Creed 2.9). I haven't played it so much but so far it seems like it added a lot of stuff which works but isn't necessary... like at all...

The Den Protect mini-game isn't as broken as I've heard but it's incredibly boring and totally unnecessary...

The hook-blade seems cool and useful at first but most of the time I even forgot it was there, until I hit a zipline (which isn't as fast or useful as it pretends to be ether) and Ezio (Auditore da... la la la)'s ability to grab ledges farther only replaces the double jump or double climb or whatever it was called in AC 2 and AC 2.9. It's useful for avoiding those near misses when trying to grab a ledge but that's it...

The city has more detail, hard not to notice that, and the graphics in general are great (game looks good even in low res, unlike 2.9), although Turkey looks very washed out compared to Italy, exactly the opposite of today's Turkey and Italy (shit hole lol).

The story... doesn't seem to be any, like, at all. And Ezio (Auditore Da... oh fuck it) writing letters to his sister with the Animus DOS background kinda kills the mood...

Good game, I just wouldn't call it ''new''. Appreciated the PC port improvements though...

#2347 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

I just installed max payne and WTH it gives me a "Max payne requires a DirectX 8.0 adapter" Lmao i have a DirectX 10.0 lol anyway installed MP2 it works like a butter.

#2348 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

I just installed max payne and WTH it gives me a "Max payne requires a DirectX 8.0 adapter" Lmao i have a DirectX 10.0 lol anyway installed MP2 it works like a butter.

I have DX11 and 64bit OS and they both run and look perfectly...

Though I still can't get Scarface to work. Damn!

#2349 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Have you tried to run it in windows compatibility mode? I want that game.

#2350 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Have you tried to run it in windows compatibility mode? I want that game.

Yes... and disabling one CPU core... and installing tons of DirectX addons and patches... and praying to Jesus Fucking Christ... it just wasn't made for Windows 7, no-one can run it on Windows 7...

Plus I have the 64bit version so I'm guessing that if I'd ever be able to run it on Windows 7, I'd run into that problem...

#2351 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

I've been playing over following day's

Serious Sam 3

Resident Evil 5

San Andreas (as always)

#2352 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Well my adventure with AC:R ended rather quick, as I got the same ''Error Code 2'' as in Driver: San Francisco. Maybe I'll try to fix it some day but for now I got Batman: Arkham City (finally)...

The game is an improvement in every way except that the stutter problem from GTA IV has come to haunt me here as well... why am I blaming the game and not my Core Duo? Cause I have many other games, including Unreal Engine ones, that run perfectly...

So yeah... another crappy port.

Well, my HDD is full and I wanna install Serious Sam 3 and still have some space for Postal III in december. I already deleted AC:R, now I'm thinking of deleting ether Batman since it runs like crap or GTA IV since it runs like crap AND I got an alternative for it...

Decisions decisions... well Batman will fly for now, only cause I don't wanna re-enter 9999 for the ammo limit in GTA IV again when re-installing it.

#2353 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

Well my adventure with AC:R ended rather quick, as I got the same ''Error Code 2'' as in Driver: San Francisco. Maybe I'll try to fix it some day but for now I got Batman: Arkham City (finally)...

The game is an improvement in every way except that the stutter problem from GTA IV has come to haunt me here as well... why am I blaming the game and not my Core Duo? Cause I have many other games, including Unreal Engine ones, that run perfectly...

So yeah... another crappy port.

Well, my HDD is full and I wanna install Serious Sam 3 and still have some space for Postal III in december. I already deleted AC:R, now I'm thinking of deleting ether Batman since it runs like crap or GTA IV since it runs like crap AND I got an alternative for it...

Decisions decisions... well Batman will fly for now, only cause I don't wanna re-enter 9999 for the ammo limit in GTA IV again when re-installing it.

Serious Sam 3 is quite power hungry ya know?

#2354 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:17 AM

I just installed Crysis 2. I hope my system doesnt die. lol

#2355 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

My fan make's all sorts of weird noises when im playing power hungry game's

#2356 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

Q. Whats the RAM of your rig?

#2357 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Noises are normal. Depends on the noise...

Anyway I have the power (lol) for Serious Sam 3 and any other game, it's just a matter of whether the developers give a shit or not..

And since it's a PC exclusive I think they do... I hope they do...

#2358 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

NFS : The Run on my PC

#2359 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Q. Whats the RAM of your rig?

I've got 4GB so i've got plenty of ram. I dunno, when I go on some games the fan on the graphics card just goes high pitched for some reason. But then if i pause the game it will stop, resume game and it'll start again :s already had to take this rig back for repair 3 time's already, only got it august time last year.. Then again it's probably nothing, its not like it makes a really worrying sound, just goes more high pitched on some game's

Noises are normal. Depends on the noise...

Anyway I have the power (lol) for Serious Sam 3 and any other game, it's just a matter of whether the developers give a shit or not..

And since it's a PC exclusive I think they do... I hope they do...

Some people have had mixed experiences with SS3 running on their pc's.. Alot of people posted on the official forum with issues.. Game ran fine for me from day 1

Im glad for Serious Sam 3, as alot of games i play are kind of couple years old and don't use as much resources. with SS3 i can really push my system :D

Also I think croteam do give a shit, they are very devoted to their fan's

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK, 05 January 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#2360 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

Little Big Planet((the original)), and Duke Nukem Forever, but I've only lightly played that one so far. Might pick it up some more today and take a break from LBP. Any one else with a PS3 and LBP1 want to play online?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users