Cheat Device!

Steven

GTA Liberty City Stories for PSP

CheatDevice v0.7 for Liberty City Stories!

The first ever homebrew to run on firmware 2.01, 2.5 and 2.6!

CheatDevice01.jpg

FreezeEverything2.jpg

FreezeEverything1.jpg

WallDriving1.jpg

WallDriving3.gif

zero%20gravity%20heavy%20bike.gif

low%20gravity%20spawn.gif

Features:

Infinite health and armor

Edit wanted level

Edit time

Edit weather + Snow

Spawn anything

Display coordinates and speed

v0.2:

Teleport

Step through walls

Power jump

v0.3:

Activate spawn cheats with one button

Screenshot

Edit car colors

Never fall off your motorcycle

v0.4:

Firmware 2.6 support

Your car is indestructible, always steaming, smoking, or on fire

No reload

v0.5:

Video recorder

Change CPU speed to 333MHz (fw 2.0-2.5 only)

Battery percent, voltage and temp (fw 2.0-2.5 only)

Heavy motorcycle

Turn while power jumping

v0.5a:

Frames per second meter added to coordinates display

v0.5b:

Added "Really High" to teleport list for Dodo gliding

v0.5c:

Completely stops the game during screen capture so action shots won't be blurry

New savefile for UK version

v0.5d:

Confirmation dialog before unloading

v0.5e:

Gives the screen more time to repaint before screenshot

Dodo glider more stable

v0.6:

Flyable Dodo with thrust

Video recorder is faster

v0.6a:

Added step up/down, use -1.5m to submerge a flatbed to ramp level

Step through walls works while driving

v0.7:

Bikes can drive on walls

Gravity

Freeze everything

Gameplay speed

Walking speed

Flip over

Unlimited heli flying height

Cheat Maker

v0.7c:

Support for cheats with pplayer, pobj or pcar

v0.7d:

Select ped outfit, press TRIANGLE to activate

Support for cheats that have a #off section

v0.8:

Rocket Boost!

For all firmware versions:

US/Canada version 0.8 http://www.maxbot.com/gta/CheatDevice08aUS.zip

UK/EU version 0.8 http://www.maxbot.com/gta/CheatDevice08aUK.zip

Unzip the archive to your memory card so the files go in PSP/SAVEDATA/ULUS10041S0 if you're installing the US version, PSP/SAVEDATA/ULES00151S0 for the UK version. This replaces the first save on the card.

To start CheatDevice, simply load it like a saved game. You can then load another save if you want and CheatDevice stays in memory.

Disclaimer: THIS CAN CRASH YOUR GAME. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Some of the spawn choices like the RC toys and boats will crash the game. Don't save your game after using this.

v0.1 release notes:

If you do a mission where you're sent to an interior, like the one where you chase the guy around the sawmill and try to sneak up on him, or the one inside the ship, write down the coordinates and post them!

Yes, the Hunter is in the game! To fire the chain gun, press SQUARE+X. Be careful with the spawn choices, some stuff like RC toys and boats will crash the game. Someone reported that boats might not crash if you're near water, so that needs to be explored more.

To spawn things, you need to use the spawn cheats:

Spawn Rhino L1, L1, LEFT, L1, L1, RIGHT, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE

Spawn Trashmaster TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, DOWN, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, UP, L1, L1

v0.2 release notes:

Teleport works whether you're on foot or in a car. If you're in a car, I had to make it stabalize it for a few seconds or else it would often get tipped over or flipped around. It stabalizes for 2 seconds teleporting within an island, 18 seconds going from island to island. If you're parked on a slant, it's kinda interesting when you come out of teleport.

I added teleport locations for well known landmarks and mission pickup locations. I haven't finished the Shoreside Vale missions, so those may not be complete. I didn't include teleport locations for the insides of the safehouses because you just fall into nothing unless you're teleporting from there. It seems once you leave the interior, it goes away. They do appear to be located inside their buildings where they are represented to be.

Instead of walk through walls, I'm doing step through walls. Go up to a wall facing it and go to the menu and press X on Step Through Wall. It'll move you 1 meter forward. You can do a fun standing walking thing if you hold X down. (was there a music video that had this in it?)

Power Jump allows you to fly around using the jump button. Press and hold SQUARE to jump and keep jumping, then pump the SQUARE button to stay level. I added a little forward velocity to keep you going. Feels a lot like The Matrix jumping from rooftop to rooftop this way. It does have the power to shove you through a roof if you want to walk through ceilings. This gives you the ability to explore everywhere, inside buildings and above the height limit. A lot of buildings are not solid above a certain height. The one I'm standing on in the picture I think is the highest solid building.

v0.3 release notes:

While you have a vehicle spawn line selected, just press the last button of the cheat code, either CIRCLE or L1, to spawn things. Check the instructions at the bottom of the screen for which button to press. CheatDevice copies the rest of the cheat into the button history buffer to trick the game into thinking you entered the whole cheat.

Screenshot saves a BMP of the screen to the /PSP/PHOTO directory where you can view it from the PSP's photo viewer. The files are numbered sequentially. The numbering starts over at 1 again when you restart CheatDevice, so be aware it'll be overwriting your previous screenshots. The screens were coming out much too dark originally, so I added an automatic brightness adjustment.

To take a picture, go to Screenshot and press X twice quickly and carefully. You may have to press it a third time if it doesn't trigger. I needed a trigger that you wouldn't accidently hit easily, but also wouldn't use a button that would reset the camera or make you jump or move or change anything on the screen, which most of them do. I tried to slow down the game as much as possible while it's copying the screen, but you still need to hold still to keep from messing up the snapshot.

You can edit the colors of the car you're driving. The stripe color only applies if the car has a stripe or two tone second color. Special vehicles like taxis and gang cars that do not change colors when resprayed can not have their colors changed.

Toni was never as good with motorcycles as CJ. He just falls off too easily to have any fun. Problem solved.

US Version: I put a handy PCJ600 in the Staunton garage. I also decided to get rid of all my grenades because I was getting tired of blowing myself up when entering that spawn cheat that ends with CIRCLE.

v0.4 release notes:

Warning: some new features coming later are not going to be available on firmware 2.6!

Your Car Is Indestructible makes any car you get in indestructible, even after you get out. If flipped over, it'll stay that way like a turtle on its back and not catch fire. You can flip it back over with grenades. This effect does not last through a garage save, and cars can still get visible damage as usual.

Your Car Is Always On Fire makes your car stay on fire all the time without exploding. Once you get off, the clock starts ticking, so get away or get back in fast!

No Reload works for handguns, smg's, assault rifles, sniper rifles, and rocket launchers. The rocket launcher has the added bonus that if you keep holding the trigger, you can keep firing after you run out of rockets.

v0.5 release notes:

This version lets you change your CPU speed between 222MHz and 333MHz. You can also see your battery level, voltage and temp. This feature is not available on firmware 2.6. The syscalls are all mixed up on 2.6 and it would be prohibitively difficult to discover the CPU and battery stuff on 2.6. Of course the battery life will be shorter if you play at 333MHz.

The benefits of 333MHz: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...dpost&p=3399514

Video Recorder records an animated GIF at 8 frames per second. 333MHz makes it a little easier to use. Don't forget to press DOWN+X to stop your video before taking the memory card out!

The GIF file generated is uncompressed. To compress it, load it into anything that can load animated GIFs and then save. Compression reduces the filesize by better than 50%. Always compress the GIF before posting on the web, and limit the length of your recordings to keep the size reasonable!

The Heavy Motorcycle cheat determines the mass of motorcycles when they are first created, like when you open the garage or when you first see one in traffic, so you need to turn it on before opening the garage or finding a motorcycle you want to ride. Once a motorcycle is created, its mass property is set. Other motorcycles on the road will also be heavy, but for peds, their motorcycles burst into flames at the slightest touch of another vehicle. If you don't want this, get yourself a heavy motorcycle then turn the cheat off so new motorcycles will be normal.

With this cheat, you are the heaviest thing in the universe and in every collision, the other vehicle has to do all the moving to get out of the way. If you shove a car into a wall, it has nowhere else to go so it'll squirt up into the air like the Yardie Lobo in my video.

If you don't turn on Your Car Is Indestructible, you get a cool flame effect when you crash into walls.

v0.6 release notes:

I left the Dodo more realistic. If you pull back too much on the stick, it'll stall and descend. Like a real plane of this type, you can't climb too much too fast without losing too much speed. I think this was the amount of power they intended it to have because with more thrust it has a bad noseclimb problem.

I made some more optimizations to the video recorder. It's a little faster now.

v0.7 release notes:

Helicopters can now break the height limit.

Gameplay Speed is the same thing that's controlled by the Faster Gameplay and Slower Gameplay button cheats. In LCS, gameplay will only speed up as much as the CPU can keep up, so it usually doesn't achieve full 2x speed, let alone higher speeds. 333MHz can help that. It also won't go slower than a minimum speed.

Walking Speed makes you move faster on foot. 2.5 is a good choice for quicker walking. Higher values can be hard to control and work like walk-through-walls. You can moonwalk by setting a negative value.

With Bikes Can Drive on Walls, whatever direction the bottom of your tires is facing is the direction of gravity for you.

You can now set gravity to any amount you want. The gravity setting persists after CheatDevice exits, so you can enter multiplayer with modified gravity. Press X to turn on the button control up=reverse.

Freeze Everything works like it did in San Andreas.

Gravity and Freeze Everything don't always apply to all vehicles, only aggressive drivers and cars you've touched. You can use this to simulate the Bubble Cars cheat from San Andreas. With zero gravity, cars you touch float away. Bikes Can Drive on Walls gives you your own personal gravity on bikes, while everyone else is subject to zero gravity. You'll probably also want Heavy Bike to make it more fun.

If you want Gravity and Freeze Everything to apply to all ped vehicles, use the Aggressive Drivers button cheat (SQUARE, SQUARE, R1, X, X, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE).

The Cheat Maker feature is only intended for programmers and skilled cheat developers. You can screw things up in innumerable ways if you don't know what you're doing.

v0.8 release notes:

Rocket Boost gives you forward thrust whether you're on the ground or in the air or upside down. Settings 1 or 2 are good for fast driving on the ground. Rocket Boost 10 is good for making bikes fly.

I added the ability to turn your motorcycle in the air while using Rocket Boost.

Thanks to:

Lloyd for help with finding car colors.

Jeremie Blanc for finding car speed at offset 0x0124.

GFCC for the Vice City never fall off bike cheat, it was instructive.

Waterbottle for help finding car health.

Jeremie Blanc for help finding memory locations for no reload.

ADePSP for the FAQ.

ADePSP, MURDOC and Jeremie Blanc for testing.

Vettefan for radar map enable/disable location.

Edited by Steven

I wonder why you all get excited over a bloody cheat device. Looks like you lot dont know how to play games properly.

HAHAHAHA CHEATERS ARE GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's called having fun, mmkay? You want to see my file? No cheats input, ever. This device is a file itself, it's just meant to have some fun, like modding.

The VCN helicopter is in there cause LCS was built onto GTA: Vice City. It was just left behind. We don't need no hints to know the location of the next GTA on the PSP. R* leeds is too [censored] to make their own city.

Oh and warning level increased for Taime.

O rly? :lol:

That's cool. Well, it IS still a Rockstar company and it IS still GTA so I say, if they want to use the same cities, let them.

Well there is a rumor that Rockstar Leeds recently moved to a bigger studio for developement on GTA PSP 2. Makes sense cause their number recently changed. I believe the previous one was in an old church changed into a studio. Hope some lawyer doesn't get their hands on this one. I can see it already... "Churches closed to make violent video games in!"

Edited by Adriaan

Well there is a rumor that Rockstar Leeds recently moved to a bigger studio for developement on GTA PSP 2. Makes sense cause their number recently changed. I believe the previous one was in an old church changed into a studio. Hope some lawyer doesn't get their hands on this one. I can see it already... "Churches closed to make violent video games in!"

Are you serious, the studio was in an old chruch!?!

.... :lolbounce: lol! thats pretty funny.

... and you most certainly will not. They'll most certainly not reveal any info on their upcomming games for a short while. We'll know a bit more around December 15th.

I dont mean i know more about the game then anyone at the mo cause i dont, i mean ive been in the building a few times but i cant get any info on the games cause its really top secret. But i do live in leeds and i was born here so i know my way around leeds. I could find the number in a phonebook if i look.

Yeah well their number recently changed. So the one in the phone book will be wrong. Anyway they did move recently. While working on GTA: LCS they were located at:

St Pauls House

Richardshaw Lane

Pudsey

LS28 6BN

GB

Now they have moved to:

2nd Floor

2 The Boulevard

City West One Office Park

Gelderd Road

Leeds

LS12 6NU

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Help me please!!!

I experienced a problem.

I downloaded the EU/UK version of the Cheat Device and when I transferred it the PSP and tried to load the file on LCS, it said "Corrupted Data"... I dunno why this happens. I did everything correctly. I unzipped the file on my PSP and replaced it, just like the readme says, but it won't work...

What should I do?...